WHATS TRICK TO REMOVE .........

P51DRB

Remove the plastic trim peice.Drill out rivits very carefully!!!! You can break the glass. It will shatter if you hit it. I stuff a couple rags behind the rivets so my drill bit wouldn't go threw. Then take your new peices and pop riviet them in.

To remove the trim there are 3 8 or 9 mm bolts inside the truck. Under that trim peice. I had to crawl inside the trunk to get at them. I hope these pictures help.

IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_8635.jpgIMG_6289.jpgIMG_9312.jpgIMG_8300.jpg

Edited by 94 olds vert

• 1 month later...

Yeah those are hard to find. Try to look for F-body window weather strips those can be used in these cars.

Thanks, the work on this is no big deal to do. Just be careful drilling out the old rivets so you don't break the glass.

I did this to mine too. I used seals from a camaro door. they seem to be a little thicker where the rubber is attached to the metal part, so I think it pushes out on the convertible trim when you put that back on. They turned out nice but I have a gap between my glass and the new seal, especially on the drivers side. Not sure if that is my fault or if there is an adjustment on the window to push it out.

For the plastic trim piece, don't forget the screw on the B pillar. You have the take the black metal trim off the pillar first to get to that screw.

post-6042-143689081483_thumb.jpg

post-6042-143689081443_thumb.jpg

post-6042-143689081458_thumb.jpg

post-6042-14368908147_thumb.jpg

Edited by xennith