3100 Torque Specs/Pattern

FastSE2DR

If anyone has the 3100 upper and lower intake manifold torque specs and torque pattern that would be great...or if you had the procedure on how to replace them that would also be great...also I need the throttle body torque specs as well. I am replacing them with ported and polished ones and forget to get all the specs at school before the break.

The torque for the intake plenum should be 16 to 18 ft-lbs. I tightened mine down starting like this (there should be like twelve bolts):

|10|6 | 2| 3| 7| 11|

|--------------------|

| 9|5 | 1| 4| 8| 12|

Some thing like that. I did that, and my intake plenum has been fine for about 2 weeks now.

The torque for the intake manifold (lower part) should be 115 in-lbs. You MUST torque the 4 vertical bolts first(the ones that go straight down), then the four almost horizontal-diagonal bolts next. And that's it.

No one shows love for the 3100! :mrgreen:

oh im with ya in love for the 3100! Its really reliable like the only that ive replaced is spark plugs(not yet but need it) and the alternator/belt tensioner and it has 125k. Not to mention it runs better than all my friends newer cars. A mechanic looked at my engine and said that it was 200k no problem without any major engine work besides basic maintenance. well thanks man that will come in handy!! Appreciate it alot!