Healthy obsessions

GPXGRL

i used to do it all the time when hte girl next door used to go out and tan in her backyard...man was she hot!! then she went to college, and made hot college friends, who introduced her to beer..such a shame...now im forced to stare at a tree or the rock in my front lawn..

i need a life :oops:

I'll admit that I stare at my car as much as any of you, but its funny how the condition of its cleanliness affects how I feel about. When its dirty and not looking anywhere near as good as it can, I almost feel ashamed of it and don't want to look. After a day like today when I wash, detail, and shine the tires, I take much more pride and look much more than I do with its a mess.

I can stare at my car when its dirty. But for only short periods of time as i too am ashamed of the way it looks dirty. But when shes clean, i could spend a whole day in the driveway.

I seem to be obsessed with my truck. I always have to look at it and I always talk about it even though its a piece of shit and its ugly and slow.

I talk about the car alot too but its not at my house and I cant drive it yet although its getting alot closer to completion lately.

guilty as can be.

i can stare at my cutty dirty or clean.

since i drove it home i have removed the pinstripes and the badging. oneday i will get around to painting it and the rest of the trim on the side goes down the road too.

of course i stare at many rides.

no particular make or model though.

just something that is different, or clean, or whatever.

of course since i am human i stare and the oposite sex too.

Monty

I stare at my car if it's dirty or clean. I also find my self staring at pictures of it.

The opposite is true for my truck. I drove in a field tonight and dropped the muffler. Oh well, got to put it back on tomorow.

I spent a while admiring the cab corner I made out of a nerf football, a piece of cardboard and fiberglass bondo and the rocker panel I fixed with parts of the same football and more fiberglass.

I saved the rest of the football for the other side- next weekend?

I spent a while admiring the cab corner I made out of a nerf football, a piece of cardboard and fiberglass bondo and the rocker panel I fixed with parts of the same football and more fiberglass.

now done i tell ya hwat that aint ghetto!

Am I the only one that can't go without driving for more than like.. 3 hours? There is no way I could sit around all day without going for random drives just for the hell of it.

I too find random driving to be a necessity.

I too find random driving to be a necessity.

At least I'm not the only one who does that. Sometimes I go waste some gas with no where to go just so I can hear the exhaust. Now I don't feel so wierd.

now done i tell ya hwat that aint ghetto!

The whole truck is ghetto (or hick). The dome light operates off a toggle switch. The cab and fenders are black, the doors are gray, the bed is two tone gray and the tailgate is silver and black. I fixed the kick panel hole with spray foam and a hole in the firewall (where it meets the floor) with a piece of a cool whip lid and some RTV. The cigarette light wires power the stereo (somebody cut all the wiring).

ByTeeJay3800

At least I'm not the only one who does that. Sometimes I go waste some gas with no where to go just so I can hear the exhaust. Now I don't feel so wierd.

I do the same thing. I have 12 cars, :shock: so I always have one that needs driving. /LOL

I often take the Lumina for a drive just to blast the radio and hear the throaty exhaust. I swear it has to be the deepest stock exhaust that I have ever heard on a 6 banger.

My W-Bodys'

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL Coupe

1990 Lumina Euro 3.1 Coupe

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Always. When I park it all by itself (which is always, I hate door dings) and I'm walking away I'll turn around and think, "damn, that's a nice looking car" pretty much every time. You mean everyone doesn't do it?.

yep all the time

I have a few to admire, but do it all the time.

Also, we have some nice twisty backroads here, so scenic drives in the country are grand. And to get into tit a bit and hear the Turbo spooling is awesome! I do this more often in the Supra, but the TGP didnt take long to win me over either! I cant wait untill I have time to finish it up, so I can REALLY enjoy it!

I just went driving through the country side and up to the ohio river and used a lil more than a 1/4 of a tank. Prolly not a good idea since I'm broke, but hell, my car was calling to me.

ByTeeJay3800

I do the same thing. I have 12 cars, :shock: so I always have one that needs driving. /LOL

I often take the Lumina for a drive just to blast the radio and hear the throaty exhaust. I swear it has to be the deepest stock exhaust that I have ever heard on a 6 banger.

Yeah dude 60º V6s with a good exhuast can sound awesome. Mine with a straight pipe and Flowmaster is the best sounding engine out there short of a LT1 (IMO).

mine calls me all day long, worse than the g/f!!!

lol But like with every g/f, you gotta cut back together time, otherwise it'll become all you do. So so true.

I rhymed. Neat-o.