Healthy obsessions

GPXGRL

Does anyone ever just end up staring at their car with out any original intent on doing so? And not for just the sake of "god I really need to get that intake installed..." but more along the lines of "god she/he's gorgeous...".

I do it everytime I'm forced to walk outside and smoke.. and every time, no matter what else I'm thinking about, my car, sitting on the side of the street, always catches my attention for a good 5 minutes...

Sometimes I wonder if that's healthy.. but fuck it. :D

Ummm.....yeah sometimes I guess. Personally, I find girls more enchanting object to focus my attention on for extended periods of time. But second to girls, my car is pretty damn attractive. lol

I'm drunk now and I may laugh at this post tomorrow. oh well

Does anyone ever just end up staring at their car with out any original intent on doing so? And not for just the sake of "god I really need to get that intake installed..." but more along the lines of "god she/he's gorgeous...".

I do it everytime I'm forced to walk outside and smoke.. and every time, no matter what else I'm thinking about, my car, sitting on the side of the street, always catches my attention for a good 5 minutes...

Sometimes I wonder if that's healthy.. but fuck it. :D

Please move to Nebraska so I can date you.

Always. When I park it all by itself (which is always, I hate door dings) and I'm walking away I'll turn around and think, "damn, that's a nice looking car" pretty much every time. You mean everyone doesn't do it?

9-1/2 years later and my red Cutty still does it for me.

It's funny, because my car isn't really great looking, it's got a lot of paint dings and scratches (especially along the right front wheel well where I drove too close to a telephone pole and knocked my side mirror off :roll: :roll: ). Maybe I like to look at it because I know I've put a lot of work into making it run better than it did when I resurrected it from it's surely final resting place out in front of our house. Maybe I like to know how much work I've put into improving the interior, making the driver's side window work again, wiring up a DIC (even though it's a pretty shoddy wiring job, I intend to remedy that), and putting a new belt on, changing the oil, putting a new tranny filter in (probably the most labor intensive thing I've done so far besides the electrical system problems).

Maybe I like to think I brought it back from the dead, made it run again. Almost like Dr. Frankenstein.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

PUT ZE CANDLE BECK!!!!!!!!

oops, sorry, i'm a movie guy too...

I'll go sit in the corner now.

I also do this, and after a nice wash, it makes me think my car is smiling.

True True.....I just washed mine last night.....O is she Pretty...

Hey GPXGRL.....Nice thread! 8)

I have more than plenty of time to Stare at my GP at the shows.. LOL.. No wonder my eyes hurt at the end of the day. :shock: Well ... :? ok Maybe its both the GP and the women...... :roll:

Ummm.....yeah sometimes I guess. Personally, I find girls more enchanting object to focus my attention on for extended periods of time. But second to girls, my car is pretty damn attractive. lol

I'm drunk now and I may laugh at this post tomorrow. oh well

Yeah I was right. Oh well. GPXGRL: that was a great post. I think anyone that takes true pride in the care and ownership of their vehicle does this. And we W-body owners have more reason to than anyone else!

My car used to be extremely faded with many paint blemishes. Now that it's been repainted, when I wash it and spend hours waxing it, I like to take it into the sun and see the metallics stick out. I can't help but think... DAMN!!! this car has come a long way in the last 6 months. Then I turn up the system and just reflect on how much I love this car and plan to keep it even after I buy something new.

Oh, absolutely. My wife says that I am obsessed with my Blue ragtop and love it more than her. I then asked her if she wanted to fool around in the back seat! Or at least lean on it while we smooched a little. I didn't get laid for a couple of weeks after that one.

Hey GPXGRL.....Nice thread! 8)

I have those from time to time..lol It's just so nice to see that other w-body owners are so enthusiastic about their babies. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy or somethin.

Am I the only one that can't go without driving for more than like.. 3 hours? There is no way I could sit around all day without going for random drives just for the hell of it.

Hey Badass.... Thats BADDASS !!! LOL

One thing I noticed... its an SE.. If so why doesn't it have the SE front spoiler??? The one I see is for the stock LE, base for that year. :shock:

I stare at my car all the time and bring it up in any conversasion and i cant go a day with out driving it. i guess its like having a girlfriend that never gives you shit oh wait that doent exist....hmm i wonder if i can marry my car :lol:

I need to do a waxing on my baby!!! To bad its suppose to rain tomorrow(Sat), because I have the time :x . This lady always catches my eye :wink: Also I can't help but to look over at my avator, because she is one sext babe :P

I could stare at my car for hrs. As long as there were no hot girls walking by lol. I do the same and park away from others and just watch the car as i walk away into the store. This weekend i went to mankato to stay with a friend and i had to park my car in this public parking area for a night on GRAVEL!!! i was pissed. That was thursday night. I didnt get to see my car again til friday around 8pm boy i missed her and couldnt stop thinkin about her all day wondering if she was ok.

i just took 106 pictures, and wasted 4 and a half hours cleaning it, the last 1/2 hour was taking pics/gettign erected. the car is soooooooo fucking sexy. i stared at my dual, polished exhaust tips for like 5 minutes. god am i ever guilty.......