Question about wheels

Whiskey River

Would the aluminum wheels from the Lumina APV fit on a sedan of the same year? I have a chance to pick some up pretty cheap but don't want to spend the money if they don't fit. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Word of warning. The tires do not fit the sedan. The front tires need a spacer, the back tires are fine. Thought I would pass along a little wisdom.

why wont it fit a sedan, but it will fit a coupe? Or are you just talking sedan vs van?

Sorry for the delay in responding. I was buying wheels from the van to put on a sedan. Apparently the sedan needs s +42mm backspace and the van only has +34mm backspace. I will need to get longer wheel studs and 1/2" spacer to take care of it. Thought I would pass along what I had learned in case someone else was looking at doing it.

+34mm is probably the offset. Backspacing should be a much larger figure than that. +34mm offset means it should fit fine but will stick out 8mm more. To get it the same as +42mm, you'd need to shave off some of the wheel, not get spacers.

Offset is what I meant, had backspacing on the brain. I have looked at so many different forms trying to figure out how much of a spacer I needed that I used the wrong term. Thanks for catching that.

You guys have mentioned longer studs & spacers a few different times here. Is this something that is commonly done? Where do you get these spacers and longer studs ? I always thought this would put bad stress on studs. Please educate me.

I have been looking for spacers on Ebay. You can get spacers at any speed shop, although they may have to order them for you.

I got spacers at "Peerless Tyre" for $7ea. 1/4" or 5/16". I got longer studs from Advanced auto parts.

Redz