Question about 1996 Grand Prix exhaust trim pieces

BN

Just bought a 96 Grand Prix. There are some metal pieces above the exhaust tips that look like maybe heat shields to keep the plastic bumper from getting hot? Anyway they are really rusted. Anybody know what color these would have been originally, body color, black, etc. Thanks

I'm guessing they were probably just black from the factory. But you can paint them whatever color you want. If they are really rusty. Go down to parts galore on 8 and Grossbeck and they will probably have a decent set. Or next time I'm there I could probably pick you up a set.

Glad to see you bought another W-body.

I'm guessing they were probably just black from the factory. But you can paint them whatever color you want. If they are really rusty. Go down to parts galore on 8 and Grossbeck and they will probably have a decent set. Or next time I'm there I could probably pick you up a set.

Glad to see you bought another W-body.

I was just going to take them to George's Collision on 9 mile and have them media blasted. probably will cost $2. If that doesn't work out I'll let you know. thanks