New Rims: Yay or Nay

Rick

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=Z1877011C4273C&wheelMake=Zinik&wheelModel=Z18&wheelFinish=Chrome+Plated&showRear=no&autoMake=Oldsmobile&autoModel=Cutlass+Supreme&autoYear=1995&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=DiscountR

EDIT: AVAILABILITY WENT FROM 6 TO 2 IN A DAY...AHHHHH NEVERMIND. Might as well delete post!

These are 68% off and 59$/rim...very cheap in my opinion. Im undecided about them on how they would look on my car though. I love the look of chrome though but I am not sure if this style would look good on my 95 Cutlass, especially since I have terrible peeling of the paint on my current 5 spokes, look good for a distance but up close its ehhh.

Seeing as a new paint job isn't a option, I do have enough for a set of four right now so I want to see everyones opinion, or if anyone has a similar style if they could post a image for me to see would be awesome.

Thanks!

post-6351-143689074943_thumb.jpg

I woulda said no mostly because of the chrome, but even then I still wouldn't like them as much. The price, however... BXX got his 19"s for really cheap (I think like 90 a rim), and I think 19"s are perfect size on a vert, mine had the same size

Yup, I paid $86 each for mine plus $20 shipping, or $60 shipping if you buy all 4 at once.

Mine are 19x8.5" Motegi SP5. But a quick look at the site that I got them from, they no longer have them:(

I think that there nice rims and for the price i would say yay. But thats me. i would rock those rims any time. I have 5 spoke black rims with crome lip on my white 92 pontiac grand prix coupe. But think hard bout these rims and what really matters to you. If you like em ur self... helps out choosing. Good Luck with ur option.

Well I really like yours Memphis Man, but aren't yours American Racing and im assuming somewhere in the range of $600-1000? Im in no rush, I will keep looking. That or I wonder if I could get them re-powder coated? But that might cost more than its worth.

Maybe I will look into how much it would cost to have them blasted and repainted. We have a few good auto body shops around here that do paint, maybe I will take a look at where my dad had his vette touched up, but that may be more expensive. I have an extra set of tires and rims of 5 spoke cutlasses in case it doesn't work right too. BXX Those rims look good with your cutlass, are those 20"?

• 2 weeks later...
I never realized those where 19s....the polished lip makes them look like 18s....

Yeah they are 19s. I think the huge lip makes them look a size smaller. Or the fact im running a 245/35 on a white CS as stock ride height makes them look a bit smaller.