04 gp gt2 cd player error

tattoonick87

My 04 gp gt2 has the monsoon sound system 6 disk changer in it and it worked one day and the next i came out and headed to work and when i press the cd button it sounds like its loading and the says player error. it wont eject my disk eather any ideas?

The cd mech is most likely shot. Very common on any in dash 6 disk changer. You can either send it to get repaired or replace it with something aftermarket.

My 04 gp gt2 has the monsoon sound system 6 disk changer in it and it worked one day and the next i came out and headed to work and when i press the cd button it sounds like its loading and the says player error. it wont eject my disk eather any ideas?

Hey there,

Most Delphi units had some type of odd issue with the 6 disc CD changer. The best thing I could suggest for you is that first you attempt to eject whatever discs you have in it with the ignition in ACC or RUN. If you still cannot, you may have to take the radio out of the dash, unplug it, then plug it back in. This causes the entire CD mechanism to reset and should cause it to eject the eroneous or misloaded disc. If it still will not eject, take the radio to a shop. What may have happened is that another disc in the changer, or, that disc may have somehow slipped out of it's holding slot and toward the rear or side of the radio. If it has, the changer of course, cannot load it. You can sometimes check this out yourself by taking the top off the radio and you should see a hole toward the back of the CD drive unit. Look down that hole and you should see any disc that is not where it should be.

I hope this helps,

Starflare5.