back feels "swirly"

Jprice90

yeah my back end feels swirly, seemed like after i put the 16 inch Monte Carlo rims on, they came off a 96 i believe..anybody know?

Replace tires, have car aligned.

idk lol, wheres that at and i'll tell you :lol:

and the tires are brand new, like few weeks old

Rear strut tower brace. And if you don't know, 99.999% chance you don't have one. Just because the tires are only a few weeks old has nothing to do with whether your car is properly aligned. Trust me, if it's not and you keep driving on those tires, they'll be trash very soon.

i just noticed on the left side, the "arrow" type things on the sidewalls are going towards the back of the car, and the right is going towards the front, should i get these fixed? or is it ok?

post-6480-143689074463_thumb.jpg

i dont believe so, i looked at em pretty good, didnt see anything..but to me it looks like the tires should be flipped around

Did you get it aligned yet?

heres a pic of the left side rear, and the right side rear, it was just easier for me to get a picture

the first picture is on the left, the second is on the right.

post-6480-143689074481_thumb.jpg

post-6480-143689074493_thumb.jpg

Well then you better get raid to shell out some more money for new tires. Believe me, I learned the hard way. In just a few thousand miles I essentially ruined a fairly decent set of tires by being lazy..

they're fine right now, no wear from what i see, i get paid friday but im gonna see if i can get together some money before then, might as well get all 4 aligned

UPDATE: i got the tires re-aligned, they were WAY off, the back tires were bowed outward, and pretty much going to wear the inside of the tire, the front right was inward, and the left front was ALMOST in spec, so yeah i guess they were all effed :). no more swinging and it handles alot better..THANK YOU :thumbsup:..i am going to replace those bushings sometime