hey guys

Jprice90

hey hows everybody doing? i've been lookin for a good forum since i just recently bought a 95 Lumina LS from my neighbor, she's 86 and was selling her car very cheap, she bought it in 01 with 32k on it, when she sold it to me back in March? it had 56-56.5k on it, it now just turned 61k. :dance:

hey man thanks..im going to attach one right now :)

it was in a little accident New Years, some kid was drinking and driving and clipped the back fender, broke the bumper up, broke the tail light, and dented the trunk a tiny bit..the bumper doesnt match lol, i needed a bumper and its hard to find an exact one..the frame behind the bumper is out of wack, im gonna try to get the bodywork done soon, if it can be done :confused:

post-6480-143689074026_thumb.jpg

That is amazing!! That is one of the first white Luminas I have ever seen that hasn't suffered from GM's crappy 90s white paint!!

Looks really good!! I couldn't even tell it had been in an accident!

if you look really good at the gas door, right behind it you'll see some denting, it looks worse behind the bumper cause the bracket or whatever is dented in :(..the paint is peelin on the passenger mirror and on the back by the passenger tail light, i really want to get it re-painted, keep it white..but thanks man :)

Welcome

junkyard for your parts. Also, grab suspension bits off a Monte Z34 if you get a chance. better handling. also grab the dual exhaust if you want that. There's a lot of desirable parts you can pull off a stock Z34 that will bolt right up as an upgrade...

also... that looks good with a gray lower trim... I may just do that on my Z34...

Welcome

junkyard for your parts. Also, grab suspension bits off a Monte Z34 if you get a chance. better handling. also grab the dual exhaust if you want that. There's a lot of desirable parts you can pull off a stock Z34 that will bolt right up as an upgrade...

also... that looks good with a gray lower trim... I may just do that on my Z34...

really? thanks lol..didnt know suspension parts from a z34 would work, awesome..what could i slap on that doesnt involve alot of time and will improve handling? and i got a flowmaster 40 on it right now lol

and yeah you really dont see alot like that, im either going to try to get the back matched, because the rest of the bottom is gray and the back bumper is all white lol

i hit a raccoon last night and he messed the very bottom of my bumper up, i guess it's part of the bumper

really? thanks lol..didnt know suspension parts from a z34 would work, awesome..what could i slap on that doesnt involve alot of time and will improve handling? and i got a flowmaster 40 on it right now lol

and yeah you really dont see alot like that, im either going to try to get the back matched, because the rest of the bottom is gray and the back bumper is all white lol

i hit a raccoon last night and he messed the very bottom of my bumper up, i guess it's part of the bumper

The 1995-1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo and the 1995-2001 Chevrolet Lumina were essentially the same car. Unless it's body-style specific (2 doors vs 4) than it'll bolt right on. Just make sure the suspension parts you grab are off a Z34 model and not an LS, otherwise, it'll be a moot point. The Monte Carlo is the only W-body we can guarantee most parts will bolt onto your Lumina. Why? because there's different generations of W-body, each with specific design characteristics.

Generation 1: -independent rear suspension with transverse leafspring, macpherson strut front suspension

1988-1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

1988-1996 Pontiac Grand Prix

1988-1996 Buick Regal

1990-1994 Chevrolet Lumina

Generation 1.5: same front suspension as generation 1, unique fully independent rear suspension bar the leafspring

1995-1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

1995-2001 Chevrolet Lumina

Generation 2: completely redesigned version of the W-body. (I'm not sure what, if anything will swap over to a gen 1 or 1.5) Sometimes referred to as MS2000.

1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

1998-2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue

1997-2004 Buick Regal

1997-2005 Buick Century

2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala

2000-2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Generation 3: this iteration was never supposed to exist. It was supposed to be replaced by the epsilon platform. Instead, GM updated the gen 2 W-body and kept it.

2006-2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix

2005-2009 Buick LaCrosse (Buick Allure in Canada)

2006-2013 Chevrolet Impala (only one still being produced)

Also, GMPP has a strut tower bar for W-bodies in their catalog that you can order through a dealer. I forget the part number. Someone else will chime in with it, I'm sure.

i guess from chillin on the forum for a while too, i was on a forum for Auroras when i had mine, i basically knew the car inside and out from that site lol