cutlass photoshoot

godofthunder

at VCU, im taking a photography class. We take (mostly) black and white photos of certain projects, including light, motion, designated areas, etc.

For my designated area...i chose my parking spot at home. This showed my car, in about 24 exposures. Everything from looking down from my room, a yard away, detail closeups, etc.

I scaned in the contact sheet (postiive printout of negatives...kinda like a photo index), and selected a few that came out the best. I wanted to share them all with you.

Also, and this is so i can make a few bucks...i can make 8x10 versions of these, if anyone is REALLY interested. Since its b/w you cant tell color...and would be cool for those olds fans since my car's looks are completly stock. PM if you are interested...PLEASE! They will be a bit sharper than this, cleaned up (no dust), and contrast/tints evened up.

Ok, here they are!

angle.jpg

booty.jpg

hips.jpg

nose.jpg

relax.jpg

side.jpg

jon

Dude those shots look killer!!

I love black 'n white photography myself. Maybe I'll take some Cutty pics of mine and make 'em black 'n white in photoshop.

But that looks really coo man.

If you were about 6 inches to the left, that 3rd picture would have been 10x better

no way man, look at the tire, its perfectly in focus!

i reccomend a photography course to EVERYONE. I took it all through High School, and now 4 years after school i use the same techniques every day

btw. i have a nikon SLR, it PWNS! Im saving up for a digital 6MP SLR but its hella expensive.

If you were about 6 inches to the left, that 3rd picture would have been 10x better

no way man, look at the tire, its perfectly in focus!

i reccomend a photography course to EVERYONE. I took it all through High School, and now 4 years after school i use the same techniques every day

btw. i have a nikon SLR, it PWNS! Im saving up for a digital 6MP SLR but its hella expensive.

Theres no tire in the 3rd pic

yah...the last one, and then the one looking at the nose sideways both needed a beter depth of feild. This means...much more needed to be in focus. I dont know WHY i took them that way. I took a few color shots...but for some reason, didnt get them when I had my film developed (I shot 2 rolls of color randomly over a weekend).

That one of the hip is pretty much my fac actually. I have the 8x10 right here..and it is AWSOME. I like the butt and nose too..just wish nose was more in focus.

That last one...and i need another one of these, was to be a bit lower actually. If you look at a Cutlass head on (Sedans...not sure about coupes)...the botom body panels make a curve in front of the wheel, exposting the tread head on (kidna hard to desc...go look). For some reason...I REALLY like that too...and wanted to get it.

Oh, this was all shot with a Canon AE-1 Program. I want one. Its not digital...some of this stuff you cant do with digi.

If yall are interested, I can post the whole contact sheet. I have an awsome one of Dew on the rear window, with the defrost on.

I do plan to take another roll of color soon with this cam (rather than my el-cheapo one), with this Hip, butt, and that front picture. But...for right now...that booty pic is about to be my desktop.

Jon

jon