1992 lumina euro 3.4

backyard jim

I am changing the power steering pressure line on a '92 Chevy Lumina Euro 3.4 and want to know where the best access point is to get at the line end that goes to the rack. It is very tight to get a wrench or a socket on it. Can you get at it from the top? Do I have to take any other parts off for easier access? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Backyard Jim.:mad::mad::mad::think::think::think::bang::bang:

Edited by backyard jim

I did this a few years back on my old euro 3.4. I fought with it for hours and hours. I think when it was all said and done I had lowered the rear of the cradle and disconnected the steering shaft to get it lower. and cut the line where it goes into the rack so I could get a socket on it since any of the wrenches I had could not get in there to get at it. perhaps a crowfoot line wrench would be a better way to go about it... I dono.

Installing the new one was cake after that though :roll:

I disconnected the steering shaft to get some more access. I removed the bolts on the rack and pinion. That way it had some play to it and I was able to cut the old line off. Then I removed the whole rack and pinion.

Installing the new lines is pretty easy.

you can do it from the top without lowering the subframe if need be , you'll need a cutoff or stubby 18mm wrench if i recall correctly