best wing for a W-Body???

ZOOMOLDS

Ok guys.. tryin to avoid the stupid look that the ricers have going with their huge wings on the back of there cars... Just wondering what would look best on a cutlass supreme... have to get rid of the grandma rack.. just doesn't have the look i am tryin for.. lemmie know.. include links or pics if ya could..

I would go with just a stock looking fiberglass low spoiler, like on the grand prix's. The most important advice I can give you is to get one that matches the rounded contour of the decklid, when you look down on it. The Cutlass has a pretty rounded rear end compared to the luminas and the prixs, so I really wouldn't get a spoiler from any of those vehicles. My bro had a nice spoiler on his cutlass, matched perfectly.

wing=rice

spoiler=cool

Im actually lookin for a wing for my 96 cutty coupe too, im just delaying because it seems alot of them dont fit right or look good on it, and i havent found a really nice one.. where do i look! :shock:

Stop calling it a wing, people. Wings are for rice burners, and usually in excess of 8" tall. Spoilers are low, mean looking but tasteful, cool things.

Like Justin said:

Wing = Rice

Spoiler = Cool

Guest TurboSedan

wings are just push bars so the ricers can push their cars more easily when it breaks down at the side of the road. kind of like pushing a grocery cart really. btw, i like my trunk lid luggage rack/spoiler thingy. i think it looks good on the sedans anyway.

joshua

Phantom.. where can i get that ground effects kit??? i like....

P.S... remember when whale tails were cool? oh wait... they never were

1 of 200 my friend, 1 of 200. i cant find anywhere that sells that body kit, i know a guy in connecticut that has a phantom and his ground affects are all broken up too! as of right now the ground effects are off my car, in the garage and getting prepped for the foam and fiberglass treatment. whats a whale-tail? sorry im not that old

whale tails were like the supra style wing.. really high and curved... i'm not that old either... 22.. but man they were soo dumb lookin... mu buddy had a sunbird with one on it.. someone ripped it off one night cause it looked soooo gay..

That's the first time I've seen pics of the Phantom. Not as shabby as you seem to lead us on to sometimes. Only question: if they were gonna call it something as cool as "Phantom FE3" why didn't they put a faster engine in it. The 3.4L DOHC would do. The TGP engine would, of course, be better yet.

whats a whale-tail? sorry im not that old

The first kind I think of is on the old Porsche 911 Turbo:

86porsche8100.jpg

Then I think of the aftermarket trunklid/whale tail for the 2nd generation Camaro/Firebird from the 70's:

Cl202.jpg

Here's one gone horribly wrong; poor Camaro:

i-6_B_L.JPG

Guest TurboSedan

well at least Porsche got it right. the whale tail is reminescent of those Porsche 930's and is very classic a with that 911/930 body style. those stupid F-Body gfx are a joke.

joshua