Tomorrow, the plan goes into effect.

turbodreamer

Tomorrow I go to the bank and open the "TGP FUND".

Had a talk with my very understanding wife today concerning my need to have a TGP somewhere down the road. Starting next week any overtime or extra Sunday pay

goes into the "TGP FUND". The fact of the matter is it may take a year or two to save enough to purchase a TGP but I am determined to own one.

This all started about a week ago when I was browsing the

Turbododge.com site and saw a thread titled "$200,000

Daytona". When I clicked on the thread it took me to the

"Autotrader.com" site where instead of a $200,000 Daytona

a red TGP for $1700+ popped up. Ever since then I can not

stop thinking about owning one of them.

I came across mine by accident. The car belonged to my bro-in-laws friend, who knows NOTHING about cars. The car had started overheating while he was warming it up, so he quit driving it, and had it towed to our local Pontiac, where they told him promptly he woud need a new engine. He said forget it becaue he had just dumped about 3200 into it replacing the PMIII and having the trans done(this car eats transmissions). He had it towed home and put it up for sale. Jay calls me that day and says"I know you are looking for another GP, and I know you like turbos, how about a Turbo Grand Prix?" I go look at the car, and settle on a cash pric of $1200. The motor sounded excellent, so I knew it wasnt that. I took the car home(only 2 blocks) and pull it in the shop. Throw it up on stands, and find a coolant line to the turbo spewing coolant all over! So much for needing a new engine. Only porblem was, Jay was driving it and decided to hot rod it, and REALLY overheated the engine. So, off came the heads and the real work began!

It's probably going to be several years before the fund will be able to

handle a purchase. but thats OK. The wife is kinda feed up with my

automotive hobby and I can't say I really blame her. She wants to spend some money on the house instead of cars and Jeeps so it's up to me to work extra so that none of the money has to come out of the house money.

It's probably going to be several years before the fund will be able to

handle a purchase. but thats OK. The wife is kinda feed up with my

automotive hobby and I can't say I really blame her. She wants to spend some money on the house instead of cars and Jeeps so it's up to me to work extra so that none of the money has to come out of the house money.