DIC into a 92 Cutlass International

unclehotte

Wire A =RED? I connected that to the orange wire that powers the cig lighter.

My hot in run wire I connected to C13 on the cluster. IIRC it's brown.

That's why I used the "?"

I also think mine wasn't the right color either. GM liked the change wire colors for no reason.

This particular orange wire is on connector C1? If so that should be run to HOT all the time.

In the 4 wire connector C2 has one and the 7 wire C1 has 3.

In C1 I put all of them to the cig lighter and in C2 I put in the ground for the ash tray light.

I checked it out. It says it is not compatible with a 94 olds cutlass supreme. What years and model DIS am I looking for so I know I can use it?

I just bought it. You guys are awesome helping me out with this. If the DIS doesn't come with the male connectors can I buy some for it somewhere? If so where? I would like it to be removable in case I need to work on that area of the car.

I did ask that ebay seller if he could go back to the JY and cut off the mating connectors, just thought I'd let you know. I figure on getting ONE bigger connector and custom wire that so I can remove it if necessary. I mean, I'll be wiring the thing anyways, so I can do it the way I want for me. I know it's a big deal with crimping the connector contacts and all, but I know that stuff already. Congratulations on your purchase! I haven't seen a DIS on ebay for a while.:thumbsup:

It doesn't come with the male connectors but I don't want to let it go. I am pretty sure I can hopefully get some connectors somehow. Or make my own connector.

Great idea to get the other end of the harness. Go to a junkyard and find a 89-91 CS with ECC and a UB3 dash. Should have the connectors hidden behind the ECC.

Then just cut off the connector with as much wire as you can attached to it.

I've got a DIS connector from my '91 Cutlass Supreme Convertible. The car didn't come with DIS but had the digital dash and ECC. Was saving the connector in case I wanted to put DIS into my next Cutlass, but I'd sell it for $10.00 shipped to the lower 48 states if anyone is interested.

I've got a DIS connector from my '91 Cutlass Supreme Convertible. The car didn't come with DIS but had the digital dash and ECC. Was saving the connector in case I wanted to put DIS into my next Cutlass, but I'd sell it for $10.00 shipped to the lower 48 states if anyone is interested.

Sir I will take it. PM Sent.

Great idea to get the other end of the harness. Go to a junkyard and find a 89-91 CS with ECC and a UB3 dash. Should have the connectors hidden behind the ECC.

Then just cut off the connector with as much wire as you can attached to it.

I really apprecaite all the info. You all are making me so excited to work on my car some more. Can't wait to get the DIS installed and the digi dash also. I will post pics. Gonna be sweet!

i have to wonder what all differences there are between the various DIS units... it's probably all in their programming. probably something as simple as fuel tank size and conversion info.

I got connectors from a Olds 98. Calais, Ciera, 88 and 98 also had similar DIS units available.

Will any of the cars you listed have the harness even if they didn't have the DIS? I know some cars come with the connectors just so GM doesn't have to make more than one harness. Oh, and what years did the DIS come in?