DIC into a 92 Cutlass International

unclehotte

Finally got a chance in daylight to take a pic.

post-3493-143689066252_thumb.jpg

post-3493-143689066263_thumb.jpg

Thanks to everybody who helped me. Without your help I would have got it installed and it would show time and date only, hehe!!!

Great to see another successful DIS install. You'll love it more and more by the day. If you want to reset the CHANGE OIL thing, press the OIL button and hold RESET until it beeps.

Yes, i love it more day by day. And finally I dont have to take the gas receipt every week to calculate mpgs anymore. Yes, I already reset the oil change complaint.

• 1 year later...

I need somes help wif this. the colors of the wires in rockf post arent matched to mine. 94 olds, i might be needing your help with this one. trying to wire this up while the whole dash is apart getting repaired.

Brain, did you ever get that PM I sent to you about this?

This should help.

http://i.imgur.com/gXbOV.png

http://i.imgur.com/9HR8f.png

Those should be for a 1994. You should be able to figure out how they are different from the early cars. Based on the description RockfangD gives.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/43927-Cutlass-DIS-installation-info

yeah i did but still confused on how to splice in the dis wire. i have the connectors so thats not a problem and i have some extra wire to extend the wires to the cluster.

Are you handy with a soldering gun? If so that would be the best bet. If not crimp they together and make sure they are all nice and tight.

Find the wire you like to splice into. Cut it in half, strip the insulation of each end and then run your extra wire into the crimp. So you have the wire still running to the cluster and now you have one running to the DIS.

post-4527-143689099019_thumb.jpg

It's time to jump on board with my DIS install! Do I need a connector for the back of the DIS? I don't have one, I just have the unit. I'll go get the DIS out of storage later tonight.

Our CS is a '94, I firured while I'm doing the HUD I might as well ATTACK MODE the DIS!

I also have a proffessional set of wire strippers. I've worked with wires enough to know that I won't have to actually cut the existing wires in the harness, I can place any wire in the stripper head of the tool and engage it so it spreads the insulation apart enough then exposes the copper core.

Edited by 1988PhantomFE3

Our CS is a '94, I firured while I'm doing the HUD I might as well ATTACK MODE the DIS!

I also have a proffessional set of wire strippers. I've worked with wires enough to know that I won't have to actually cut the existing wires in the harness, I can place any wire in the stripper head of the tool and engage it so it spreads the insulation apart enough then exposes the copper core.

Sounds like you have similar strippers to my Mac...Love those damned things, best $25 I've ever spent. Very handy for a guy like me that loves to add options.

ok, this is what I found in storage. Only had like 15 minutes, there is more of this stufff in there if I need to switch something.

Digital Dash, '92 HUD, DIS, dash cover, and some guy who jumped in the pic...

Will this stuff work or do I have to go back down to storage?

post-5754-143689099024_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689099037_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689099049_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689099059_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689099069_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689099079_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689099088_thumb.jpg

It should be prewired for HUD. You will need an adjuster.

The DIS and cluster need some wiriing. Instead of an adapter for the cluster you could change the pins on the connector.

Hello. After a lot of reading on w-body today I came to the idea that I CAN install

a DIC into my 92 Cutlass Int. (supposed to be just plug and play?) Does it have to be from

a cutlass??? I saw one on ebay for a 88-91 Olds Regency. Is that one good to go

for my car or does the year have to fit???

Thanks for any help.

Where did you pick up your DIS?

I'll go get you a picture brb.

EDIT: With pictures.

0424011206.jpg

^ Bottom row all the way to the right is where you need to connect the orange wire. I changed mine to yellow.

0424011208.jpg

^ That is the general area that ALDL is in. Just follow the yellow wire up and there it is.

If you connect the orange wire to the last port where the scanner goes. How do you plan on getting your trouble codes read? Is there another place you could wire up that orange wire? Or did you make it so it would just pull out if you need to get your codes read?

That's right. I just pull the wire out and read the codes. I've never had that wire come out while driving the car. It has a good hold in that spot.

Oh yeah, it can be done. My wire is actually tucked away and you cannot see it. I pulled it back for the picture to show how it runs to the ALDL.

94 i need the diagrams if possible for the rest of the dash to hook up the 7 wire plug. where did you tie in all the grounds? what about the hot and ign hot.