DIC into a 92 Cutlass International

unclehotte

There has to be a way, do you have the owner's manual? I'm not finding anything in the service manual.

Ken would know better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4006[/ATTACH]

Thats the one!

wow what a beauty. I really like that color combo.

I added the DIS and hud into my 94 cutlass and everything but the fuel info worked great. I liked itfor the oil change info and the digital tach. It went great with my UB3.

hey, ken, you say there are programming differences between some of the dis units. any examples?

DIS from an 89-90 Eighty Eight and Ninety Eight will already work. They are nearly identical in every way except internally. Cutlass DIS has a uPD78C10 MCU with separate EPROM while Eighty Eight and Ninety Eight DIS has a uPD78C14 MCU which has an onboard EPROM. I believe I have a Ninety Eight DIS in the 94.

That might help you.

I thought aboot adding DIS to my 92...

Ken, When I had the damn dash out and cluster to install my radio last night, I found open connectors. Is this car prewired for HUD and DIC, or did you swap another year harness in?

DIS??? I thought that was were the factory would tuck them up if there was no DIS. That's where I found my wiring for my DIS in a 91.

Didnt they just post that 92s couldnt get DIS?? My vert is a 92:lol:

Bob, I don't remember adding them! but maybe i did? or i swapped harnesses? the entire dash has been removed from that car before.

You'll have to take pics and show me.

WAIT. that might just be the HUD control switch wire, which is a single gray 6 wire plug.

Ok. Time to get serious. Got my DIS. Tomorrow i will (try) to install it. BEFORE I cut the connectors off I would like to know if anybody did it to a car like mine.

Here is the Built date: 1992/03/02. (Since i got now several opinions in this thread from plug and play/wire it in/ to connectors are behind the ECC) The IDS is supposed to be from an Olds Regency 88-91. I Prefer plug and play if possible.:biggrin: Next 2 pics of the connectors since I dont know if they are all the same.

post-3493-143689066054_thumb.jpg

post-3493-143689066066_thumb.jpg

Yeah I think you will end up connecting like 4 or 5 wires. A couple go to the cluster and one to the ALDL. It's pretty straight forward. The other wires are to the cig. lighter for power (orange) then to a black wire for a ground also can be used for the cig. lighter.

I'm going to say your car is not pre-wired. But before you cut off the connectors I would check behind your ECC for two loose plugs. Never hurts to check.

I have done this took me a good hour to an hour and a half. Definitely worth it.

Quick question..... now that I figured out what cables to use....where do I wire them into. UNDER the dashboard...like where the flasher for the turn signals sits. Or do i have to remove the Speedometer cluster???

I had to extend some of the wires to go up to the cluster. (3) I removed my cluster to make it easier. Just for more room. You have HUD? The cluster can be removed with out taking out the HUD. It's just a little difficult.

You will have one wire to the ALDL that is right above your right knee. I think you put it top row far right.

Take a look at this link: http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/43927-Cutlass-DIS-installation-info

Thanks 94 olds vert. Yepp, i am pumped and cant wait to get my fingers on it tomorrow. ( Also i am afraid to blow something up and parts for

92s are harder and harder to find) BTW....I went to my local junk yard and found a 92 cutlass international. I gonna be back there

monday and gut it like a deer. HUD ECC and NEW buttons for the steering wheel.