Will these wheels fit

Psych0matt

So, unless I'm buying new wheels online where it'll tell me if they fit or not, I'm not entirely sure. I found these on CL and can probably get them for under $200 pretty easily. THey're 17"s and 8" wide:

3n93mb3lc5V25Q35R1b39cf2572e2aadd163d.jpg

SIZE: 17INCH

COLOR: WHITE

6 SPOKES

OFFSET: 40

RIMS WIDTH: 8.0

BOLT PATTERNS (2): 5X114.3 AND 5X4.50.)

I will be running 2gen rear brakes/knuckles (so I think I may need longer studs), and in the front I assume I'll need spacers? Yes, I know mine is 115, but I also know 114.3 will fit, so I'm not concerned about that.

i figure if I can get them for 150 or less, I'll go for it, why not? :dunno:

The why not is that you can pay the pipper now or pay him later.

If you buy these, you'll spend piles of time and money on spacers. You will probably need a bolt-on spacer, not just the plates.

And by the time you do all of that you could have just paid the extra $$'s for rims that actually fit.

BTW - I checked with a tire shop, most would sell you rims that won't fit for your car unknowingly.

Offset is the amount of millimeters off center of the rim that the tire bolts on to. It does NOT describe the amount of backspacing on the rear of the rims to avoid contact with the calipers, etc.

These should fit your car, someone around here is asking $150 for them, rubber is no good.

post-3304-143689062469_thumb.jpg

No shortcuts with the rims on these cars.

If you're lucky, you may be able to find a set of good used G35 rims out there that are cheap. They are compatible.

Rich, educate me on g35 wheels. I found a set I can probably get for $200. Are there any differences by year, coupe/sedan, etc? What size are they? The ones I found are coupe wheels, no pics yet.

Rich, educate me on g35 wheels. I found a set I can probably get for $200. Are there any differences by year, coupe/sedan, etc? What size are they? The ones I found are coupe wheels, no pics yet.

G35 rims are pretty much all same back spacing, the best ones available (factory) are 18's on the front and 19's on the rear with 5 spokes and the double-spoke design with a big lip. As you climb the hierarchy of their rims you get greater offsets. Base is 17" 6 spokes on sedans.

What you're looking for is the spacing between what mounts to the hub and the back of the spokes. Unlike most of your run of the mill rims, G35 ones tend to have lots of room back there. The best way is still to give them a test run (just put one on the front of the car). Your sedan will work just fine for this, it has similar backspacing requirements if not identical.

All G35 rims are 4.5 (114.3mm) X 5 bolt pattern. I'm assuming that G37 rims will be the same, the reason that they work is that the car's are rear wheel drive which typically carry a lower positive offset more compatible with W-bodies. From what I've seen Chrysler rims will not go without spacers.