Badging opinions....???

9lumina6

The tought came into my head of putting the 3 "GTX" badges in the locations SLP put them on GTXs on my GTP since it does have the authentic hood, spoiler and catback.....

What are your thoughts on this? Leave the GTP badges since it's not a real GTX....or put the GTX badges on because of the appearence/catback mods that are on the car are all off a GTX???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• GOT2B GM

• jeremy

• fastbird232

In cases like this, I vote for either the official badges (In this case the GTX badges) or slightly altered versions of the originals to show that it's inspired by, but not a 'real', example.

I had it de-badged for quite a while at one point.... but I honestly like how it looks with the GTP ovals back on it, and am on the fence about the GTX badges in place of te GTP ovals and the GTX badge below the trunk lid. It's not like I'm hiding anything with it de-badged. The car is loud as f**k.

It's whether or not the car was a ___ from the factory that matters. Anyone can re-create a car but only those made by the factory are 'real'. I still say try coming up with a custom badge, since it's inspired by but not a true GTX.

I feel that pretending your car is something that it is not is the dumbest logic ever :shrug:

WHAT makes my car NOT a GXP??? The ENGINE. If I put one in there, why the fuck would anyone argue that it's not a TRUE GXP? Sure, it wasn't one from the factory. But now it is. So it can be a GXP. If someone ASKED, It's not like I would DENY its history...... But if it looks like a GXP and smells like a GXP and drives like a GXP and hauls ass like a GXP........... It can be called a friggin GXP! lol

WHAT makes my car NOT a GXP??? The ENGINE. If I put one in there, why the fuck would anyone argue that it's not a TRUE GXP? Sure, it wasn't one from the factory. But now it is. So it can be a GXP. If someone ASKED, It's not like I would DENY its history...... But if it looks like a GXP and smells like a GXP and drives like a GXP and hauls ass like a GXP........... It can be called a friggin GXP! lol

Ever wonder why a clone 70 Chevelle SS goes for a quarter of the money that a numbers matching one does?

Originality is worth the most.

Ever wonder why a clone 70 Chevelle SS goes for a quarter of the money that a numbers matching one does?

Originality is worth the most.

Nor would I try to sell it as a factory GXP.... That's like trying to sell a wrecked but fixed car....

I dunno, why try and make it something that it's not, kind of like who are you trying to impress. If anything its more fun to have a base model car that has the power of the top model. Sleeper effect.