TV adjustment

ScoobyDoo82

Well after some swearing and some considerable time... I finally got the TV adjusted on my Grand Prix. But I was wondering if its possible to do it wrong. After the adjustment the shift points seemed to come sooner than before but still wayy too late to be normal. If i give it about 1/4 throttle it shifts between 18-25mph. If I punch it it holds out till about 32mph. What had happened was, I adjusted it once but I actually didnt know I did, and I noticed the slider slid in the hole further the first time than the second time. I'm just trying to figure out if I did something wrong or if this is a bigger problem.

It's possible that it's out of still not adjusted right or the cable cannot be adjusted to within factory specs anymore(stretched). 1st to 2nd at light throttle should occur at 12-15mph depending on the version of the 4T60 that you have in the car. Sign on to AIM and message me(same name I use here) and I'll send you some information about adjusting it.