Nitrous???? Exhaust???

dkorinko

Just wondering what the biggest exhaust anyone has ever done on a TGP...like 3 inch??? And how much did it improve the performance??? Also wondering if anyone has done a Nitrous set-up on the TGP, I am looking to just do like a 30-Shot, something small like that.

DAMN!!!! It sure as hell looks like you have nitrous hooked up on your TGP!!!! How big is the shot on that??? Has it made any noticeable damage??? Any idea what it took off your 1/4 time??? What other mods do you have besides the nitrous??? and....your signiture says straight pipe exhuast??? What size is that??? and by straight pipe you mean no mufflers and no cat or what?

Nitrous is a good addition if you meter it properly. Also, if done right there will be no additional wear on the engine than if you didnt use it. Biggest things to remember are dont use more nitrous than you have fuel for, go with a wet kit to help that. Dont use more nitrous than the engine is built for either. I would say if the engine is in good condition, a 50-75 shot on a wet kit should be fine.

I wouldn't go with 3" exhaust. That's too big for this little motor and blower. Unless you upgrade your turbo to a T3 or larger, I'd stay with 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust. :wink:

Hmmmm ok so 2 and 1/2 with the stock turbo...but once I get my hands on some 29 lbs. injectors and a T3 turbo i can lay down a 3 inch exhaust???? That seems about right....another question, Has anyone done an exhaust with no muffler and no cat??? I know it would be hella loud but that shit would be sweet, I would think there would be less turbo lag too, not that i have much lol :twisted:

His N2o is a cooler for the intercooler...not an induction. I also would agree that 50-75 is all the stock parts could take with race gas...you need custome forged pistons. 30shot should be good. I think 3in is better than the straw pipe it has. Heck...its a 3.1L and 1.9 liter turbo guys are at 3in...so the 3.1Turbo could realy benifet from it. Less restriction on the exhaust is always good. If it were posible...at the track...disconnect your cat where it meets the Down pipe, secure it from falling on the ground with a steel wire and make a run...you'll notice the difference once you put that pipe back on and make a run again..

Oh no, Dave is def. running N2OH I guess you didn't see his old sig pic.

Yeah, but he's not injecting it into the manifold. He's just injecting it into the IC -> TB pipe to cool the air. A side-effect to that may be that some of it gets pulled into the manifold, but that's not the goal of his set-up....at least from the way it looks. :?

If you wanted to disconnect in front of the cat an run, the best way to do it would be an exhaust cut-out. It would be a lot easier. Then you could run the cat on the street for legallity/emissions.

I still think the 3" exhaust is too big. Yes...all the ricers out there run it, but their cars sound like shit IMHO, and there aren't a whole lot of them making big power. There is a point that you hit when 3" is TOO big...and takes away from the low-end that your car has. And let's face it, when you first hit the gas, this motor is still only a 3.1 :wink: It's not until the turbo spools that it becomes something more 8)

No, he has a wet kit, running in the Upper I/C pipe. So unless he's trying to cool the air charge w/ fuel too :lol: , than he's making power. You have to see the other pics to get the full picture. It has the sol. mounted between the dogbones, and the fuel sol. is running off the press. port @ the fuel rail. 8)

I have both setups....I have a 75 shot going into the motor, but off my purge solenoid i have a Nter cooler spraying n2o on my intercooler via this thing I made out of tubing fittings.....

3389289523232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A48%3E8%3C%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232547455%3B95nu0mrj

Hey, on the intercooler spray bar you made...do you think you could give me a list of the things you used, and prices would be a big help too. Also I would like to know how you sprayed N2o out of the bar??? Did you just punch little tiny holes in the bar where you needed them or how did you manage that one, thanks a lot. Oh, and I would also like to know what boost levels u are running with that Nitrous??? I am sure I could do a little more damage on 18PSI with Nitrous then you could do with 8 PSI and Nitrous lol....Thanks again.