• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• visitor

• Garrett Powered

• slick

flea market is anything over 13" that doesn't go 20 or below like the dub sev or boston spg555. I challenge you.

That 15" sub I had could play extremely loud clear down to 30hz, but that's all it could do, is be loud. I too hate gigantic MDF boxes. Someone else is "enjoying" that sub right now, and it will probably get stolen in a few weeks given the guy doesn't have an alarm in his car and given how damn loud that thing is. That hifonics sub sure did take a lot of airspace, but it was also very loud. I just got tired of not having any trunk space and having to strain my back to barely lift that thing out of there. The sub and box easily weighed over 100lbs. It was like having a zombie in your trunk pounding on the trunklid trying to get out. At one point I tried 3 layers of eDead sound dampening on the trunk lid and it didn't stop it from rattling.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I didnt realize it was 1950

LOL! The fuzz is a lot shorter than it looks. It fits with the trunk very well and looks great in person.

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk

Sounds absolutely amazing. Goes much, much lower than the 15" sub I had before, and its extremely tight, accurate and precise, exactly as I had expected it to be. The range is also excellent, though I might do well to get a midbass driver installed somewhere.

Sounds absolutely amazing. Goes much, much lower than the 15" sub I had before, and its extremely tight, accurate and precise, exactly as I had expected it to be. The range is also excellent, though I might do well to get a midbass driver installed somewhere.

That's awesome! Glad you're pleased!

I had a pair of 6 inch JL audio midbass drivers in along with my W7, and with them being mounted in fiberglass pods, it gave the system the added snap needed.

in fact with the W7 turned off there was still a pleasing amount of bass.

I had a pair of 6 inch JL audio midbass drivers in along with my W7, and with them being mounted in fiberglass pods, it gave the system the added snap needed.

in fact with the W7 turned off there was still a pleasing amount of bass.

How much were those?

I'm thinking of going with an ID8V3 as a midbass driver, mounted somewhere in the dash.

probably several hundred for the 3-way components, they are the xr-series. I put the tweeters in the dash, the 4's in the door pods, and the 6's and crossovers in the back seat wall panels. I took the pods out of the equation now they are sitting in front of the sheetmetal podless because I didn't want to hack any part of the unibody frame with this car at all. the way it looks is the same,and I probably won't get all that output from it now, but that's alright.

a small box for the two 6" components (mids) from any set can be mounted between some rear buckets nicely. I will likely try something like this next.