Well i got my motor in

Aaron

from 11:15AM SUnday until about 7:00pm, we worked non stop on the pos(the lumina). we got the motor in and all bolted down, power steering in and connected, all pulleys on but the alt and the A/C. alt is waiting cuz we need the new axle seals(due wed) to get the axles in b4 we put the alt in. it looks good, im so happy its finally in and i cant wait to get it running. it looks liek weve gotten so far on it, but then i look at the bench and see all of the parts that i have still to put on, so for the next week, that is all we are doing. pics coming soon with our new, 4giga-pixle or something,camera.

6 wat? months? Is that true?? wow, not racing for 6 months will kill if your used to the speed and rush of it

Im pretty sure he meant cylinders, and that he was being somewhat sarcastic

Why does a rebuilt or crate engine need to be broken in, when most engines in new cars don't need this?

My ex-girlfriend's dad bought a 2003 Viper, and it needed a breakin, but this is the only time I've ever head of a new car needing a breakin period.

my uncle bought a 2003 silverado and they said 1000 miles for the break in he did not get on it untill he had the oil changed at 3000

EDIT: personal experience i bought a 95 beretta with 26 miles on it they told me to let it break in for 500 or 1000 (cant remember right now)

well i drove it hard as soon as i got it 5000 miles down the road i tried driving it normal and it ran like shit so i allways had to drive it hard to get it to run smooth

Why does a rebuilt or crate engine need to be broken in, when most engines in new cars don't need this?

My ex-girlfriend's dad bought a 2003 Viper, and it needed a breakin, but this is the only time I've ever head of a new car needing a breakin period.

most people who drive brand new cars also don't race the crap out of them (excluding Cavi's, Sunfire's, and Neons and such)

and if you read the manuals, all GM trucks say not to tow anything for 800km (500miles)