94 Vert engine codes

Bostons94Vert

I was wondering how to pull engine codes on my very...its a late year 93 if that makes a difference and how I would go about getting it...the light comes on and off so I can't figure out what it could be...any help is appreciated

A lot of auto parts stores will scan it for free but there is a way to get the code to flash but I don't remember which two wires you have to jump... Once you get the code... Post it up and ill tell you what it is

A lot of auto parts stores will scan it for free but there is a way to get the code to flash but I don't remember which two wires you have to jump... Once you get the code... Post it up and ill tell you what it is

Not a '94...I found one O'reilly's in town that could read a 1994-95 GM.

I was wondering how to pull engine codes on my very...its a late year 93 if that makes a difference and how I would go about getting it...the light comes on and off so I can't figure out what it could be...any help is appreciated

Also, have you noticed any sort of pattern as to when it comes on or off? Like, does it come on at about 45 mph or higher, when the car is going in or out of overdrive?

I checked every auto place around me and they all told me that since its a 94 the scan tool they have won't work so o was wondering of I could do it myself using a jumper wire...I have done it on a 91 Honda before but don't know if the cutty was the same way...I have a feeling its the Egr valve because I'm getting horrible gas mileage and my idol is a lil low...but I wanna make sure before I dish out 200 for a new one...OS there a way to test the Egr while in the car?

I checked every auto place around me and they all told me that since its a 94 the scan tool they have won't work so o was wondering of I could do it myself using a jumper wire...I have done it on a 91 Honda before but don't know if the cutty was the same way...I have a feeling its the Egr valve because I'm getting horrible gas mileage and my idol is a lil low...but I wanna make sure before I dish out 200 for a new one...OS there a way to test the Egr while in the car?

Ahem... see previous statement about when the light comes on. If it is coming on for the EGR, it will come on usually at 45 MPH or more, around when the car is in overdrive.

Your car doesn't have OBD1 like your Honda did, therefore the paperclip trick will not work. Your car also does not have OBD2 like 96 or newer cars did. In 1994 and 1995, GM created a mutated step child called OBD1.5. OBD1.5 has a similar computer setup, and the same trouble codes as OBD1, but a connector more like an OBD2 connector. Thus, you and I have a predicament. Both of our cars have the fucktarded OBD1.5. My solution was taking it to PepBoys, where they scanned it for free. Your only other solution would be to buy your own scanner or ALDL cable.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/47108-Check-Engine-Light-Trouble-Code-for-EGR-Help-inside!

Source: EGR is my arch nemesis.

OBD1.5 has a similar computer setup, and the same trouble codes as OBD2, but an OBD1 connector.

Fixed. I don't come across many OBD1.5s with an OBD2 connector except in some late 95 F bodies and Corvettes. Both of my OBD1.5s had OBD1 connectors.

I'm pretty sure mine has an OBD2 style connector but the OBD1 codes...

post-4758-143689055235_thumb.jpg

Although, being that it was manufactured in June of '95, it is technically a "late" 95, maybe that has something to do with it, idk.

I've been wondering today where he disappeared...

I believe someone mentioned he is having internet trouble, and has only been able to get on a couple times a week at a library or something.

That is exactly when the light comes on so it would definitely be the Egr? And there isn't a pep boys close but ill definitely find one just to make sure...I appreciate the insight on the proamblem...ill post when I find out for sure