Car won't start

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I came out of work yesterday and started the car. It sat running about 10 minutes while I was bullshitting with some guys. All of the sudden it stalled. I tried starting it with no luck. It atempted to start once but wouldn't. I got up this morning and went to see if it would start. Hit the key and it started right up. I popped the hood and right when I lifted the hood it stalled. Now it won't start again. I didn't check today but yesterday I could hear the fuel pump running. What else could it be? At first I thought maybe it was the ign. module which I just replaced a while back. When I replaced it though, I think I had a bad coil. I got a module and all 3 coils of a beretta 3.1 from a friends j/y. Could it be the ign. module? I'm going to take my old module and put the new coils on it off the car and see if that works.

Any ideas?

It could be an ignition stator. I went through 2 i like a week in my previous gran prix. they should be pretty easy to get one back in for cheap. If your car was running then out of no where died i would put my money on that. Oh and did you check the gas gauge it helps when thats up j/k. good luck.

I think it could be the ignition module or the crankshaft position sensor.

I think the CPS is what tgpguy21 is referring to.

ECM and fuel pump are other possibilities.

Since I have a fuel pressure gauge, I personally would rule that out first.

I've never had to replace a CPS (yet), but ECM's and ignition modules go out fairly regularly. If you can get it running with the hood open, you might try tapping on the ECM and see if the car stalls.

Guest Anonymous

It's running again! I put the coils that were on the car onto the old ignition module and it fired right up. Is the module on the TGP common to all the 2.8's and 3.1's? The one off my car and the one that just went bad look different.