• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• Night Fury

• mra32

• BXX

Not bad looking:thumbsup:

Well, no snow tires for me yet, I decided to pay off my two credit cards:lol: Seemed like the more responsible thing to do.

Ill prolly get a set put on after xmas.

Thanks! I like it too. These tires are also quite excellent. It takes effort to lose traction on our snowed up gravel driveway. I'll bet I could stop in 1/3 the distance that the Bonneville can.

Today got the Banana in at work.

Got 4 - 215/60/16 Blizzak WS70s w/ road hazard, an oil change, and lifetime alignment for $432 and some change out the door.

Bring it on winter, so I can PWN some snowy roads!!!

If you are talking about the ziex ze-512's those are pretty terrible in the snow

yeah those are the ones that i got, i took it out on unplowed roads and they worked pretty good to me. there was only about 4 inches of snow but i think i like them overall.

First snow experience! Very impressive. I stopped on several uphills and also in to drives with a layer of ice then about a foot of snow, had ZERO problems. Stopping is greatly improved as well, you can literally hear them gripping the fuck outta the snow. Love 'em

Now I just need MOAR SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been playing in some nasty packed snow and icey parking lots.

Man these WS70s pwn!!!:D:D:D

Don't they though!??! I like literally couldn't fuck up.

Don't they though!??! I like literally couldn't fuck up.

Same here, I had to struggle to get it to do bad things:lol:

Even wif no ABS and hammering the brakes, any little bit the brakes occasionally locked up, the car was extremely controllable and stopped damn fast.

This begs the question now...for those of you who are using good winter tires for the first time this season....do you ever want to go back to using all seasons again in the winter...or are you now a convert?

This begs the question now...for those of you who are using good winter tires for the first time this season....do you ever want to go back to using all seasons again in the winter...or are you now a convert?

Never going back to all seasons in the winter unless I flat out can't afford them. For example, to get winter tires on the Bonneville would cost me close to $900. My only option is to get a set of 17" rims for it. It makes a lot more sense to get a set of winter tires for the winter and actually be able to drive through anything and get a set of summer tires that last you 75k miles, than to get two sets of all seasons that only last you 40k miles.

Holy fuck...for $900 you could probably buy one of those tire mount machines and DIY. O_O

Blizzak LM-60's in 235/50/18 are $202 on tirerack plus tax, plus installation.

The cheapest I could possibly get are Michelin X-Ice Xi2, which are $164 each. The advantage to these is that they have a 5 year 40,000 mile warranty when worn to 2/32" depth. Better than the Blizzak WS-70's which have no warranty at all.

The plan is to get a set of 17's for the Bonneville next year, likely from another late model Bonneville, and get winter tires on those, as it would be much cheaper, even factoring the cost of the rims.

They should be known as three season tires at best. I am a convert and I will be putting a set on my wife's car.

Convert here. Not just because of great winter traction, but the fact that now I can use super high grip summer tires too.

Yep, that's what I keep telling everyone I know. You get excellent traction in both years, you save your decent set of rims from the salt, snow, and ice, and you can go anywhere in any snowstorm, as opposed to getting mediocre traction all year round and getting the same life out of 2 sets of all seasons as you would out of one set of winter tires and one set of summer tires. Once you get over the shock of the initial investment, you discover its a very good idea.

So yesterday morning I decided to put them to the test. Situation:

-Sealed asphalt(you know the stuff, super ass slick)

-Very steep hill(enough to immediately roll backwards, in drive)

-Literally glare ice with a layer of snow on top(only thing worse would be black ice)

I wouldn't have been able to walk up it.

I stopped halfway up.(Am I crazy!?) I goosed it, and NOT EVEN A SPIN!!! Made it right up. I couldn't believe it. So I did it again. Except this time, I was rolling backwards! It slipped just a cunt hair, then the tires turned into the HULK AND DOMINATED THE HILL!!!!!!!

These tires PWN!!!!!

Im a convert for sure. Even GF said now this spring we can get a good set of summer tires too.

And of course, ill be going with a good Bridgestone tire.:thumbsup: RE960AS if I keep the 17's, RE-11s if I get a set of 18's.

So yesterday morning I decided to put them to the test. Situation:

-Sealed asphalt(you know the stuff, super ass slick)

-Very steep hill(enough to immediately roll backwards, in drive)

-Literally glare ice with a layer of snow on top(only thing worse would be black ice)

I wouldn't have been able to walk up it.

I stopped halfway up.(Am I crazy!?) I goosed it, and NOT EVEN A SPIN!!! Made it right up. I couldn't believe it. So I did it again. Except this time, I was rolling backwards! It slipped just a cunt hair, then the tires turned into the HULK AND DOMINATED THE HILL!!!!!!!

These tires PWN!!!!!

Update on this. This test was done on Monday morning. This morning(Tuesday) the hill was COVERED with burn-out marks and zig-zag patterns from other people not being able to get up it. Keep in mind, no one stops at the bottom or on the way up, there is no driveway or street at the bottom, they literally just couldn't keep momentum up the hill. Meanwhile, I STOPPED on the same hill, the same day, and fucking owned it.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give you guys an update on how awesome these Blizzaks are. While driving to California, we counted 43 cars stuck in ditches or the side of the road during a snowstorm. One AWD Ford Escape had recently spun out and get stuck in the center divider in an embankment of snow, and I saw him get out of his car. I got off the next exit, turned around, and pulled over to help him. Lucky for him, he had stopped several feet from the turnabout where the police cars make u turns. He couldn't move so much as a millimeter forward or backward, all 4 tires were just spinning in place. I drove into the snow 6 feet from where he was stuck, hooked him up with my truck strap, put it in reverse till the truck strap got some tension, and revved it. I felt the car drop half a foot as the tires instantly chewed through the snow. I gave him a few hard yanks and his car started moving forward. As he was nearing the edge of his embankment, I gave it some gas and as my car was backing up, I was throwing up snow like a snowblower as those tires dug down to where the dirt was. Took all of 15 minutes to get him out as another police car (who had showed up as I was hooking him up) sat and stared with an amazed look on his face.

Not only will you not get stuck in a ditch with Blizzaks, but you'll be pulling people out in that same ditch. There should be no question about the fact that these Blizzak WS70 tires are excellent snow and ice tires.

Oh, and in case someone doesn't believe me, my sister in law was taking pictures from the back seat.

Edited by xtremerevolution