2002 Pontiac GTP - Hub/Bearing Removal HELP!!!

Stevo

So my bearing started to hum REALLY loud to the point where I could notice the difference from day to day.

I picked up a new one. We pulled the wheel, brakes, disconnected the sensor. Removed the 3 hub bearing bolts and after some work on the bearing housing got it free from the knuckle. Then the fun started...

The axle nut was a BITCH to get off. After a serious workout we got it off. Then we tried using a puller to dislodge the bearing from the axle splines ... IT WONT BUDGE AT ALL. In fact while cranking on the 3-claw puller central screw, the puller exploded into pieces. I think the puller was just a piece of shit ... it is now.

Anyone have an idea how to get this thing off? I did both sides of the Cutlass I had almost 4 years ago the same way and it was easy as pie. Is there something I am missing like a bolt or something else that GM added to the removal procedure that' keeping this motherf***er in?

I'm checking out the ARRC link and I did everything as per the listed instructions.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

run the big nut back on the end of the propellor shaft covering and protecting the threads and hit with 12 to 15 pound sledge hammer to break it free like i do, i have had this nightmare of a job require me to replace a half shaft because of this exact same problem.

Not to say your idea was bad. I tried that today after buying a replacement nut and we bashed the hell out of it after pulling the whole deal away from the knuckle about 1/4" and putting shims behind it. It was mashed by an 8lb hammer which was the largest we could find.

Also ... I cant find a slide hammer in this town for sale if my life depended on it. The thing is on there good. I'm gonna hit up a buddy of mine and see if he has any connections. Two days and still not fixed. I have classes all day and I'm ignoring my homework. Thank god there is nothing to be handed in. =X

Yes. I think all W's had rear rotors unless someone can correct me.

On a side side side note. =X I bought a slide hammer and worked on it for a bit and then switched to the 'pusher pin' that centers on the wheel and pulls the bearing with it's lugs outward from the axle using a central pivot. Well the threads on the central pin SHEARED off and the central pin was free to spin. I essentially broke a tool that should not break in it's intended purpose. When I brought back the slide hammer to Napa. They will not guarantee the tool and they will not warranty the broken part stating that it was broken to misuse. WTF?

Don't buy anything from NAPA folks.

In the event of REALLY stuck axles I'll put the nut on about halfway, and put a towel over it then i will tap the 35/36mm axle nut socket over the towel so it has a firm fit on the axle nut then go apeshit with a BFH (talking 10lbs) Its my "suspension tool"