gas mileage

per0781

Im getting 270miles to a tank...i dont know what the mileage should be.

But...i still think its quite low. I do about the same, 75% hiway (now for school). But...it may be less caus I do a ton of city driving to get to the interstates.

Jon

But...i still think its quite low. I do about the same, 75% hiway (now for school). But...it may be less caus I do a ton of city driving to get to the interstates.

Jon

Well, you have a 16.5 gallon tank. So take 270 and divide it by 16.5 and that equals 16.36mpg. Thats BAD. But also take into consideration that when you get to "E" you usually have a couple gallons left. So I'm gonna say your getting about 21 mpg or so.

Aaron

You guys are funny. I'm glad to get anything better than 15. My Cougar got 13 at the absolute best in the city. I never did an all-highway test on it, but it probably would have been around 20mpg. The Regal's supposed to get 19 in town and 29 on the highway. But i'd be surprised if I get 17 in town the way I drive.

i get 17.7 city driving, 38 highway is what I get. Seems like yours is about right unless mine is really off too. GM's in general really don't get that good of mileage though

But also take into consideration that when you get to "E" you usually have a couple gallons left.

Aaron

I did take that into consideration when I figured out my gas mileage. I drove all the way to Boston today (44 miles) with no gas registed on the gas gauge.

I can get anywhere from 22 to 29 mpg. Thats in winter, summer, hard driving and normal driving. Then again, when it snows I do have a tendency to spin a little bit...opps... :roll:

I am actually keeping tabs in excel of my gas mileage. right now, im averaging right around 25, which is good for my 3.1

i was reading other places that the 3.1 is a big gas hog, like <22 so i can safely say im conten with 25

John

Jon

Would someone tell me what all of the fancy names mean? Kevin Bacon, John Travolta???? seems I saw a couple of others to...whats up guys?

When I started my car to leave for school, the gas gauge read 1/2 a tank. I then let it warm up for a couple of minutes. Then I leave my house and 2 miles down the road the gas guage is reading 1/4 a tank. It has been doing this a lot lately. Is my sending unit messed up or is something wrong with the measurer inside the tank? Thanks

When I started my car to leave for school, the gas gauge read 1/2 a tank. I then let it warm up for a couple of minutes. Then I leave my house and 2 miles down the road the gas guage is reading 1/4 a tank. It has been doing this a lot lately. Is my sending unit messed up or is something wrong with the measurer inside the tank? Thanks

my car has always done that, I just figired it was the gas sloshing around in the tank...

I am actually keeping tabs in excel of my gas mileage. right now, im averaging right around 25, which is good for my 3.1

i was reading other places that the 3.1 is a big gas hog, like <22 so i can safely say im conten with 25

John

anything more than 13MPG isn't a gas hog to me... my truck got 10MPG or so in the city.... a 2.6L 4 cylinder :lol:

mine has done that since iv owned it.

either accelerating or taking a left turn, it could go from 1/2 full to E, braking or right turn, 1/2 full to 3/4. im used to it, but i like showing my friends how nice it is to never know how much u really got

john

I think that has something to do with the alternator being more efficient when cold, so the sending unit has a higher feed voltage first off (I'm assumeing the float is just attached to a variable resistor?)

I have read 15.5 volts on my gauge before on freezing mornings. Once the motor is warm its normal 13-14.5 depending on how warm it is. My car has done this consistantly for over 2 years.