dash bezel from a tan interior 97 CS into a Gray/Black interior 97 CS?

npfd

Hey there,

as the title says, would a dash bezel from a tan interior 97 CS look alright in a black interior CS. Ever since we got the car second hand, (black interior), a segment of bezel has been cut out from beneath the radio and looks like crap. When we saw the tanned interior, I thought the color of the bezel was different.

I've taken off the one we have slightly, but at the steering column it seems jammed, is there a way to take it off without ripping it out?

I may go back tomorrow to have a look...

Thanks!

The bezels are all the same color, not the interior color of the car.

REMOVAL/INSTALLION requires lowering the steering column, and that is actually very simple:

You must remove the kneepad (4 7mm bolts)

then remove a small brace under the column (4 7mm bolts)

then loosen the two horizontal two bolts at the base of the column and turn them out about 1/2 inch (13mm)

then remove the two vertical bolts near the top of the column and lower the column (13mm)

lowering the column about 3 inches allows clearance for the bezel to pop in and out.

But $50 is kind high.... On the other hand... I have a bezel I am not using for this car.....

We managed to get it off without removing anything else.

I did manage to get the bezel for $35. How much were you gonna offer it for, and I'm in Canada also....

Thanks though I appreciate this.

I can see the need for lowering the steering column on a column-shift car but if it's a floor shift, it can easily be removed by just tilting the wheel all the way down and persuading it. in fact, I just did this on my lunch break to pull the radio!!

I can see the need for lowering the steering column on a column-shift car but if it's a floor shift, it can easily be removed by just tilting the wheel all the way down and persuading it. in fact, I just did this on my lunch break to pull the radio!!

this is the same way I removed mine but I also pulled out the tilt lever

• 4 weeks later...