Subwoofer Install

91LuminaEuro

Yes its double din. I really like the unit, sound is great, functionality is pretty awesome.

The only compaint i have is that using the head unit navigation to navigate through iPod menus is somewhat tedious if you have a long list but thats minor, because i'll probably make playlists, rather than browse all of my artists/songs etc. Remembering this was a relatively in-expensive unit, but for the price i dont think you can beat it!

The only other problem i had, was that i had to modify the back of the dash slightly to get it to fit just right. Just had to cut out some of the plastic, nothing structural. After that, it fits great. Once i put the dash together i'll post up a pic of it.

Kiss FM is gay. :lol:

Haha, the radio anymore bugs me, but i always program my stations as follows

1. Kiss

2.Star

3. X

4. WDVE

I usually listen to CDs or when the monte is done, my iPod.

Haha, the radio anymore bugs me, but i always program my stations as follows

1. Kiss

2.Star

3. X

4. WDVE

I usually listen to CDs or when the monte is done, my iPod.

I *think* mine are:

1. WDVE

2. Y108

3. The X

4. Froggy 104

5. Wish 99.7

6. 3WS

Not 100% sure though. I mostly listen to WDVE or CDs :lol:

Yes its double din. I really like the unit, sound is great, functionality is pretty awesome.

The only compaint i have is that using the head unit navigation to navigate through iPod menus is somewhat tedious if you have a long list but thats minor, because i'll probably make playlists, rather than browse all of my artists/songs etc. Remembering this was a relatively in-expensive unit, but for the price i dont think you can beat it!

The only other problem i had, was that i had to modify the back of the dash slightly to get it to fit just right. Just had to cut out some of the plastic, nothing structural. After that, it fits great. Once i put the dash together i'll post up a pic of it.

No Ipod here, just mp3.

Been considering it for my Xterra, I loathe the Kenwood thats in it now.

I used to be an installer. I can make things fit.

Yeah its a great unit, i played with it enough to kill the battery in the monte, lol. Like i said its the cheapest double din i found and i can't find any major complaints about it.

Thanks! I don't know if you can notice or not, but the amp is mounted on a piece of board in the quarter. I used 4 L brackets to mount the board. Then i used a hole saw and cut holes in the board. (for ventilation for the amp) Then i covered the board with a piece of the trunk carpet from the Impala i just scrapped. So it blends perfectly with the rest of the trunk, but looks very clean and neat.

I did not replace the interior speakers yet. I need to get her on the road, and running again, then once i re-coup some $$ i'll replace the factory speakers.

It sounds great so far! Haven't been able to take it anywhere but sitting in the shop. It definitely needs tuning, with the bandpass box i have, it needs to be tuned properly, once its on the road im gonna take it to a guy i know and he's gonna properly tune everything to achieve its best sounding potential.

It definitely gives a nice kick, but you can still hear music, which is what i like, its not all bass.

When i bought them, i was told they were. I bought them together, the guy i have helping me said it should be ok. I know that bandpass enclosures usually have good output, but poor quality. So im looking for somewhere in the middle.

Nice flashy box...are you going to get it metered?

haha, yeah im just waiting for the car to be road worth again (almost there) which is slightly more important, then im taking it to a friend who's gonna do all that fun stuff and see what we can pull out of the system and still sound good.

well good luck getting it back on the road... when I competed with my car audio about 10-12 yrs ago I was hitting mid 140's with 2 12" JL W4's out of a sealed enclosure. For my setup and category I was in I took home 7 trophy's at my local competitions, those were the days!

Thanks! Getting it on the road will be a sinch, its getting the title and getting my investment back. (which wont be hard, just waiting for te state to send me the title and selling all the various spare parts and scrapping the stufff i've collected)

Your system sounds impressive! I have no plans to do anythign like that! I just wanted some nice bass but i still lwant to hear the music, so its going to be tuned just right.

I've done mid 140's with 1 sub that cost half the amount of the overprice JL!! I just wish I wasn't limited on the available current in the vehicle.

A good installation and a proper box (the box in this thread is good for a garage chair, or firewood) does wonders.

I've done mid 140's with 1 sub that cost half the amount of the overprice JL!! I just wish I wasn't limited on the available current in the vehicle.

A good installation and a proper box (the box in this thread is good for a garage chair, or firewood) does wonders.

:thumbsup: