WIll a 4T60E from a 93 GP 3.4 fit into a 96 olds 3.4?

wickedbuick

I don't know if there are any PCM differences since there would be the OBD1/2 difference but hoping I can swap it into my olds and be done with it. Does anyone know if this will fit or will the PCM need to be tuned for that trans? Any other changes that would make it not work?

Edited by wickedbuick

the 93 would have a TCC accumulator(old way of softing the TCC apply, rather than through electronics), so you'd get a softer TCC apply than expected....

other than that, the trans plug may be wired differently, but it will definitely work without issue, assuming the VSS reluctor is the same.

Thats what I figured. I was really only worried about the wiring for it not being the same. Does anyone know if the plugs are different between the years?

if they are different, then i could get you the diagrams to correct it...

Ok thanks Rob. I'll let you know if there are any differences :) I am getting the trans this week but don't think I'll be working on it till I get my Regal off jackstands. Hopefully thats next weekend lol

physical fit = yes

wiring is different. I think you also have an issue with the fact that OBD 2 needs the temp sensor.

trying to find interchange right now.

Edited by Crazy K

PBW

M13 4T60E

Cutlass 94-96 Supreme, 6-207

(3.4L), 3.43 ratio

Grand Prix 94-96 6-207 (3.4L),

3.43 ratio

Lumina car 94-96 6-207 (3.4L),

3.43 ratio

Monte Carlo 95-96 6-207 (3.4L),

3.43 ratio

I am still trying to find out more....

I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I thought that starting in '94, the side pan was changed (not sure of proper term) to a cast aluminum housing, so that they could bolt a mount directly to the pan.

That's why it's such a PITA to change the shift solenoid and PWM solenoid on my '95 Cutlass.

Am I remembering this wrong? Can the pan simply be swapped onto the older transmission?

I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I thought that starting in '94, the side pan was changed (not sure of proper term) to a cast aluminum housing, so that they could bolt a mount directly to the pan.

That's why it's such a PITA to change the shift solenoid and PWM solenoid on my '95 Cutlass.

Am I remembering this wrong? Can the pan simply be swapped onto the older transmission?

91-93 4t60e trannys have a "homemade" brace added that use the conventional bosses to locate the mount used specifically in W-bodies.

I think it will work as long as the internal wiring and selonoids are changed.

why do you want to use the older style tranny?

Because of the above reason and cause I couldn't find an exact match on here or local last time I looked. If some one has one I'll possibly sell this one I'm getting from Alex and it. Otherwise its this route for now. :)