Where is the crankshaft sensor on a 2.8 GP??

GRANDFURY

I've been traking a problem for a few days and think it is the crankshaft sensor(i hope) but I can't find> I read that it should be down the back of the block around the middle cylinder, but all I can see there is an O2 sensor and pcv valve. I was putting on my new wires and ifgured hey why not put a new cranksensor in since everything was rotated and all but I can't find it, my brother has been helping me look but we can't find it. any help would be great. I've been doing alot of posts lately so if I haven't replied to someone sorry. But anyone know where it is??? Thanx :)

Well i've been under the car and serached but I still cant see anything I think I might know where it is but I can't see it only feel it a bit and I really don't want to do it by feel. Oh yeah, I just did a idle relearn and now my car runs worse than before :(

I just checked the sales slip and it say's that it is a cam sensor, is that the same as the crank sensor??? Or did they give me the wrong one?

A cam sensor is inside the block on the camshaft on GenIII motors. Take it back and tell them whats up

Robby

allright thanx............ still don't know where it goes though. Maybe my engine dosen't tilt enough you only get like maybe an inch extra not much at all the plug wires were a really bitch.