Failed inspection

SrMichi

Update I failed even worst this time I even fail the high idle test. And it also failed because the stupid window switch would not work and it only worked going up. So the guy closed my driver side window and I had to take it apart to go to work.

Does the size of the cat matter? If so how bad is it to have half the size of the original cat? And to make things more intersting let's just say it's a highflow cat.

Rich you are right about my results compared to what you got it is 135 Times worst.

Edited by SrMichi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SrMichi

• RobertISaar

• Breakdown

• White93z34

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A4168A0A0A3065779.aspx

is this a good cat to buy? Will it really be a direct fit? I'm thinking of going with dual mufflers. Anyone know where I could get the whole set up? Or atleast the piping.

I wouldn't really recommend that. High-flow cats in general don't seem as "clean" as regular ones. I have a magnaflow high-flow cat on my gtp. I'm not sure exactly how old it is (Paul [pwmin] would know), but it can't be that old and before I took out my downstream o2 sensor, it was setting a catalyst low efficiency code and it will fail a state-emissions test before it will set a low efficiency code in the vehicle's PCM. If you have to put up with state emissions bs and need a new cat, I'd get a regular replacement cat, not a high-flow, even if a new hi-flow does get you by now, I think you'll be right back here in a couple of years.

Any tips on cleaning egr? What's a hot etest?

carb/brake cleaner, compressed air and maybe a wire brush: go to town...

as for a hot e-test: they're not necessarily testing your car :thumbsup:

surely you must be in good relations with at LEAST one person involved in the e-testing process...

just make it worth their time/risk.

Well I clean the shit out of that egr today and even got new gaskets. Tomorrow I'll be driving it all day (since golf currently has rear Axel removed till Wednesday) and I'll take it in for another inspection first thing Tuesday morning. And maybe try to make some friends while I'm there. Just in case.

Well I clean the shit out of that egr today and even got new gaskets. Tomorrow I'll be driving it all day (since golf currently has rear Axel removed till Wednesday) and I'll take it in for another inspection first thing Tuesday morning. And maybe try to make some friends while I'm there. Just in case.

Measuring stick just got a little taller: :dance:DFFTW:dance:

2010DriveCleanAmy.jpg

What are the laws down there anyhow? Ours are odd year cars on even years and even year car on odd years - so obviously once every two years and it's $35. In past years there was a thing where you could get a conditional pass once you spent $600 on trying to fix your car or something.

In Ontario, if you spend $450 trying to repair a car that is failing it's e-test, you can get a conditional pass. Each car can only get a conditional pass once in it's life... I'm pretty sure that Ontario is the only place that does this.

It isn't hard to fudge an etest, if the car that went before you passed, they will just keep it on the machine and put your VIN number in after and run it again. I worked in the automotive field for over a year though so I have a bit of an unfair advantage... but these places are there if you look for them.

I was thinking about RobertISaar's chip but how will it fool the thing they stick in the tail pipe? Last time I got the sticker for two years. Dam you Rich :dance: well I'll take the lumina to work once again today and take I in for inspection tomorrow morning. Hopefully I won't get another ticket for "speeding" today. Also I got the window switch to work (my way) but still need a new one since it won't work for the rear windows.

Fuck it , just change your address to somewhere that doesn't require etesting.

Which reminds me, I forgot to give credit where credit was due. Apparently you installed those wires and plugs right-side-up and well, because that's the biggest major change since the last e-test, and basically all of my numbers were cut in half or better!

Emissions testing here in PA is once a year, you generally get it done at the same time as your safety inspection. Prices vary by garage.

Note: not all counties in PA require emissions testing. I live in Allegheny County, where they do. I know they also require it in Washington County. They do not require it in Beaver County where Chris and Shaun live.

Which reminds me, I forgot to give credit where credit was due. Apparently you installed those wires and plugs right-side-up and well, because that's the biggest major change since the last e-test, and basically all of my numbers were cut in half or better!

DFFTW :dance:

advance autos website lists a walker cat for $75

Hey Chris Link please I can't seem to find it. Also I'm trying to get the whole thing my pipe looks like Frankenstein :psyduck: