need help re-attaching factory radio plug

douellette

alright so i got a new factory plug for the radio and im trying to hook up using the general wiring diagram in the haynes manual.

but theres 2 of each of some wires, cant remember wat colors. yellow for sure i know. i found the yellow wire that comes out of the dash thats power but when i connect it to one of the 2 yellow wires on the back of the radio, the radio doesnt turn on. i have the orange and ground wire hooked up.

also in the book it shows a wire (dk green i think) going to the pcm?? whats that for and how do i know which one it is? cause i think theres 3 dark greens.

Car is a 96 monte. with cassette, no cd, no power antenna.

these might help...

in the pictures, it shows a little number next to the wire that comes "out of the radio", is that supposed to be what pin number it is? and if so, how do i know what pin is what on the plug?

i.e. look at the first picture, take the RH rear channel output one. the dark blue wire, right at the top of it, it says 18 and then F15 under it.

The steering wheel doesnt have steering wheel controls and i dont think it has the SCV feature so

these are the wires i have left. im not 100% sure if i even have the right plug for the radio( it plugs in fine though).

Wires coming from dash harness:

2 dark green

2 light green

2 yellow

1 dark blue

Wires coming from radio plug:

2 dark green

2 yellow

2 dark blue

1 light green

and this is a link to the plug i bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360220622753&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2075wt_815

got it all figured out haha. i discovered that the pin numbers are actually on the radio itself not the plug. the only wire i didnt connect goes to the SIR in the steering wheel. even tho it doesnt have steering wheel controls it still has a wire for it?

SIR means airbag... why would an airbag wire go to the radio?

i have no idea. look at the second picture you gave me. its the green wire going to the airbag.

i see. it's saying it goes through the SIR coil for the SWC. yeah, nothing to worry about if you don't have SWC since GM generally makes all harnesses capable of meeting all options, wether it's a base lumina or a fully loaded cutty supreme...

i see. it's saying it goes through the SIR coil for the SWC. yeah, nothing to worry about if you don't have SWC since GM generally makes all harnesses capable of meeting all options, wether it's a base lumina or a fully loaded cutty supreme...

never a falser statement have I heard!

Usually it is all or nothing. if a car has one option, it has the complete every option harness, or it is a totally base nothing at all harness. In the case of a gen 1.5 car, there seems to be only three options in the harness: tach cluster, ABS, and SWRC. i would guess that if the car has any one, it has the pre-wiring for the other two.

On a CS or GP, the same rule applies.

SWRC would be very easy to add to your car if you want them.

never a falser statement have I heard!

Usually it is all or nothing. if a car has one option, it has the complete every option harness, or it is a totally base nothing at all harness. In the case of a gen 1.5 car, there seems to be only three options in the harness: tach cluster, ABS, and SWRC. i would guess that if the car has any one, it has the pre-wiring for the other two.

On a CS or GP, the same rule applies.

SWRC would be very easy to add to your car if you want them.

yea it has abs and the tach. but this car doesnt deserve the steering wheel controls...everyday i look at it, i find out how much worse i got raped when i bought it. haha