More Engine Pics. - Dial-Up, use at own risk

92turboLE

here is the engine with the washer tank painted finally

fb000f86.jpg

fb0012d0.jpg

My plenum and valve cover to be added.

Valve Cover - was originally black and polished but i triedthe red - i may strip it down and redo the black - or polish the whole damn thing. Wat do you think???

fb0012cb.jpg

fb0012c9.jpg

Plenum - may do the same if i decide i like the red, i will do this ins the red as well. what do you think???

fb0012ba.jpg

fb0012c3.jpg

Both the plenum and the valve cover together.

fb001182.jpg

lemme know what you think???

- Justin

A LOT of sanding and rubbing... you have to use a belt sander firstt to smooth out the ridges, then you have to do the rest by hand. Belt sander takes 240 grit, then you work your way up to 2000 grit, switching directions each time you change paper. then you use a power polisher with good polish to get the shine going on, then i personally used a polish for the final finish called Semichrome. I did that by hand and it came out propper... Those pics are way messed up though. The polished surfaces are all scratched from being thrown around the garage and back of the car. They shine up almost mirroe finish when you actually use the power polisher ALOT, then clear it and your set.

Maybe this is something i could offer onmy site... polished plenums and valve covers???

- Justin

I like the red, man. I'd keep the red valve covers and do polish on the raised parts of the plenum, with red on the lower parts, and red on the lettering.

im thinkin that too....

Aaron, if i offer those, that is what i plan on doing is having a stock of them with a core charge.

as for 3.4 parts... how common will it be for someone to want to polish a plenum??? i dont know much about the 3.4s but i dont think there would be much of a market. Correct me if im wrong.

- Justin

man, it was a pain in the ass to polish them, but the final result turned out nice... a lot of sanding and a lot of patients... and about 15 hours of work for the plenum.

i will be selling them polished on under Blaze Perf. Parts site shortly. if you are interested, or you can PM me and i can give you more details.

- Justin

i am picking up a new welder tonite so i should be able to have them ready to go in a few days (hopefully)

I will keep you up to date on the situation....

BTW, check the website tomarrow for new specials and some hot deals.

- Justin

I like the red, man. I'd keep the red valve covers and do polish on the raised parts of the plenum, with red on the lower parts, and red on the lettering.

im thinkin that too....

Aaron, if i offer those, that is what i plan on doing is having a stock of them with a core charge.

as for 3.4 parts... how common will it be for someone to want to polish a plenum??? i dont know much about the 3.4s but i dont think there would be much of a market. Correct me if im wrong.

- Justin

ported and polished and such would probably gain some interest.... ;)

I would love to see my engine with a polished plenum and cam cover. That would look pretty sweet. Im not big on painting the engine but the accessorys around the engine like the STB, wire looms, and such look pretty sweet.

yeah, and coolant bottle too, i got the latex paint that is supposed to resist high temps.... it turned out good, on the coolant tank, i put a strip of 2 inch masking tape down the side so i can see my levels too...

thanks

- Justin

I like the seperated throttle body from the plenum.

Good thermodynamic properties.

- Erik

watch it there buddy! yr gonna make all of us hillbillys feel dumb and stuff ya'know wit all dem big werds! LOL

watch it there buddy! yr gonna make all of us hillbillys feel dumb and stuff ya'know wit all dem big werds! LOL

Sorry... he's most likely getting better throttle response, a little better EPA econ and some good comments.

I like the set-up; good idea to do on the detactable DOHC thottle bodies.

- Erik