Tranny issue.

92turboLE

Well, as many of you know, i lost reverse and part of 1st a little bit ago... WELL, im not sure why this would make a difference on a vacume controlled tranny, but when i unhooked my battery for like an hour to paint the washer fluid tank, and hooked the battery back up, my tranny works great now????

This has me soooo fucking confused.

any ideas???

- Justin

you still have the TCC switch, and the pigtail just under the vac modulator which are both electrical/electronic. The pigtail under the vac mod is the lock up coverter pig. Have you replaced your vac mod or adjusted the screw for more line pressure???

havent touched it....

basicly what happened to the tranny is when i would go in reverse, it would make a treeible grinding noise.. it still kinda worked but was slipping ALOT. and first was the same way.

now it all works great.

i dont understand, but it works so im not gonna dig to far into it but if any of you have an idea lemme know.

i know the shifting itself is electronic but the shift points are vacume controlled.

- Justin

you still have the TCC switch, and the pigtail just under the vac modulator which are both electrical/electronic. The pigtail under the vac mod is the lock up coverter pig. Have you replaced your vac mod or adjusted the screw for more line pressure???

I think 4T60s from the factory had the non adjustable vacuum modulator

Robby