whats the quickest way to..

douellette

method of changing rear plugs  

1. 1. method of changing rear plugs

• tilt engine foward (it has 160k)
    • dont tilt, but remove alt. and coil packs
    • tough it out

Its hard to improve on a tried and true Platinum stock plug..

Even if the engine saw a few hp change' date=' you wouldnt notice it.

And if you replace worn plugs with any new plug, you might see a change since your replacing worn plugs.

A change you would prolly feel is a good FWI, or a nice 2.5" downpipe, or a nice catback

[/quote']

i already have a WAI and a header back 2.25" exhaust and the 3400 throttle body.

I pulled the three coil packs on the last 3100.

DO NOT USE E3 PLUGS. RETURN THEM.

Do yourself a favor and get some IRIDIUM tipped plugs!!! iridium > platinum

I pulled the three coil packs on the last 3100.

DO NOT USE E3 PLUGS. RETURN THEM.

Do yourself a favor and get some IRIDIUM tipped plugs!!! iridium > platinum

why do u say that about the e3's?

You can get at the plugs in a CS just by removing the coil/ICM assembly. Actually you can do it without removing that either but it sucks. The ICM bracket is only 2 bolts and 2 nuts, and to be honest I don't even put the lower 13mm nuts back on usually. The 10mm bolts on the top are plenty IMHO.

you can remove the coils by removing 6 simple bolts (5.5mm aka 7/32nd iirc) that hold the coil packs in place and remove them with the ignition module. much simplier and easier than reaching for those rear nuts which should be reinstalled to reduce vibration of sensitive electronic parts.

why do u say that about the e3's?

THEY ARE A GIMMICK. SNAKE OIL BY ANY OTHER NAME IS..... SNAKE OIL.

For the most part, multiple ground electrode spark plugs are pretty much snake oil. Basic electrical theory will tell you that voltage will take the "path of least resistance". This means that the spark coming off the center electrode will only spark off of one ground electrode and not multiple at the same time.

Only advantage of multiple ground electrode spark plugs is if you have a issue of carbon fouling and this will buy you "some" time before the plug totally fouls. If this is a issue that drives you to multiple ground electrode plugs in the first place, you got worse issues anyways.

Splitfire just recently in 2007, settled a lawsuit brought by the Federal Trade Commission and removed most of their claims of increased HP and MPG by using their plugs.

Vast majority of people that claim increase MPG and horsepower of installing multiple ground electrode plugs are just really feeling the effect fresh plugs give them. So it is mainly a "placebo" effect more than anything.

For 99.99% of us, using the factory spec'd plug will suffice and give the best overall outcome.

google E3 plug review and look at actual studies and stuff.

yeah when i did my MPG test, i installed the E3's, drove a certain 20mile stretch of highway at 65(cruise enabled). Swapped over to regular autolite's, performed the same run, and got the same results.