Wheels for the Vert PIC INSIDE!!!!!!

thatcutteeboy

I'm just... afraid of you turning that nice car into a ricer or a "pimpmobile". Big wheels with thin ass little tires are impractical. I live in Pittsburgh, land of potholes and road construction. I'd be afraid of hitting a pothole and fucking up those expensive wheels. Plus, I think big wheels with thin tires look really dorky, no offense.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatcutteeboy

• xtremerevolution

• jeremy

• RobertISaar

I'm just... afraid of you turning that nice car into a ricer or a "pimpmobile". Big wheels with thin ass little tires are impractical. I live in Pittsburgh, land of potholes and road construction. I'd be afraid of hitting a pothole and fucking up those expensive wheels. Plus, I think big wheels with thin tires look really dorky, no offense.

The tires are 245/35/20. They are just flat on the rims in the pictures. They are not aired up at all that's why they look like that

From what I can see, they seem to stick out a bit too far, and obviously you'll need thicker tires.

I'll leave my opinion until I see them on the car with the proper size tire and see an angle from the side as Ken mentioned.

Damn it. I should've taken a picture from that angle. They dont stick out that far though. They are not in the wheelwell like the factory five spokes, which is really what I like about them. I took them back off already. Maybe later I'll post more pics with the proper angles.

My concern is them sticking out at all. Any fears of rubbing on the fenders when going overbumps?

The factory wheels are actually taller than these wheels are so I don't think there will be any issues with rubbing. There is plenty of space for tire travel against the fender.

Yeah, but the factory tire tucks inside the fender. These seem to stick outside the fender, so there wouldn't be any "tucking in." They would simply bash against your fender every time you went over a large bump.

From what I can see, they seem to stick out a bit too far, and obviously you'll need thicker tires.

I'll leave my opinion until I see them on the car with the proper size tire and see an angle from the side as Ken mentioned.

Damn it. I should've taken a picture from that angle. They dont stick out that far though. They are not in the wheelwell like the factory five spokes, which is really what I like about them. I took them back off already. Maybe later I'll post more pics with the proper angles.

My concern is them sticking out at all. Any fears of rubbing on the fenders when going overbumps?

The factory wheels are actually taller than these wheels are so I don't think there will be any issues with rubbing. There is plenty of space for tire travel against the fender.

Yeah, but the factory tire tucks inside the fender. These seem to stick outside the fender, so there wouldn't be any "tucking in." They would simply bash against your fender every time you went over a large bump.

Do you think the car would dip that much. I never have my car loaded with four passengers.

Do you think the car would dip that much. I never have my car loaded with four passengers.

Absolutely. I bet it'd be damn near touching just stopped with 4 passengers

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

missed a few.

It seems like your riding on somebody's now buddy :lol:

Absolutely. I bet it'd be damn near touching just stopped with 4 passengers

Well I hope not. But I will just have to find out. I wish I would've took the angle pics so you all could have told me for sure. Thanks

those will definitely look good with the proper size tires on them ....

Thanks Jeremy. Can you tell me what the proper size tire is? I have 245/35/20 that I am going with. Any recommendations?

Thanks Jeremy. Can you tell me what the proper size tire is? I have 245/35/20 that I am going with. Any recommendations?

Try to find a 245/50 or 55 something that is taller and doesnt look like a rubber band on there.

245/35/20 is the proper upsize (.5% off) ....if you went with a 245/50 or 55 as recommended about you would have truck tires and your speedo would be off anywhere from 11-15%

245/35/20 is the proper upsize (.5% off) ....if you went with a 245/50 or 55 as recommended about you would have truck tires and your speedo would be off anywhere from 11-15%

Thanks again Jeremy. 245/35/20 it is then. The tires on the wheel now are 255/35/20 which are junk but I already have two 245/35/20 so I am just gonna get two more.

• 2 weeks later...

I run 245/45-20 tires and there is plenty of sidewall and they don't rub. Also the ride is near stock.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I run 245/45-20 tires and there is plenty of sidewall and they don't rub. Also the ride is near stock.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yes, but what's YOUR offset?

By the way your car looks hot. :rocking: I already have two new 245/35/20 dunlop sp sport signatures, so that's why I'm going with the 35 series.

Just a warning,I used to run 225/35-20 and there just wasn't enough sidewall for the potholes here in Phoenix. I went through 3 tires without ever reaching 4000 miles on them, the sidewalls just got cut too easy. I now run 245/45-20 tires with no problem and no unexpected flats.

Just a warning,I used to run 225/35-20 and there just wasn't enough sidewall for the potholes here in Phoenix. I went through 3 tires without ever reaching 4000 miles on them, the sidewalls just got cut too easy. I now run 245/45-20 tires with no problem and no unexpected flats.

Ok I will try to be careful.

225/35 is a smaller sidewall then a 245/35 .....if you run a 245/45/20 tire your speedo is going to be WAY off