Wheels for the Vert PIC INSIDE!!!!!!

thatcutteeboy

Hey what do you guys think of the wheels that I got for my vert? They are EDGE FIVE. They are 20x8.5 inches . I don't know the offset since I bought them used for $300, but I do not need any spacers at all. I need to replace two tires. The tires are Dunlop SP Sport Signature 245/35/20. I have checked around and I can get two for $256 shipped from the Tire Rack, which I think is fair, unless one of my fellow members know of a better deal. Let me know.

evulve_mercury_ch_2.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatcutteeboy

• xtremerevolution

• jeremy

• RobertISaar

<----not a fan of the fake rivets, but they still should look good.....definitely an improvement over the stockers.....19s or 20s are the perfect size wheels for a 1G w-body imho....

<----not a fan of the fake rivets, but they still should look good.....definitely an improvement over the stockers.....19s or 20s are the perfect size wheels for a 1G w-body imho....

Thanks Jeremy. I put this here for opinions and everybody has one . Thanks for yours

I'd like them if not for the rivet things

Im thinking they wont be as noticable on the car

If you like them, that that is all that matters. I think they will look pretty good on there though. Nice price too, good job.

Very nice for $300!!

Thanks guys.

sig-1.jpg

:thinking:

Not my taste, but it is your car. At least you can swap it back in the future if they don;t work out.

Oh Oh I forgot the haters of the chrome on here :willynilly: :lol:

i have no problem with chrome. big, gaudy wheels that scream "look at me!"....

I share this sentiment.

Plus the fact that they're 20's and chrome. Either they're aluminum and the chrome will peel, or they're steel and you'll have a wheel that's heavy as hell. Either way, they'll be much heavier than stock. Your already heavy car will be even slower, and your gas mileage will drop significantly. I knew a guy who came to our meet once with a red cutty vert with 20's and he said he was getting around 12mpg around town and 16mpg on the highway, and that's with the 3.1, not the 3.4. It wasn't a high mileage car either.

I won't even get into the ride harshness and how annoying it must be to have to avoid every single pothole. You miss a good sized one going over a big hill and there goes your rim. There just isn't enough tire. The extra weight of the wheel will increase the wear rate of your shocks, and also significantly reduce your braking ability, on a car that already weighs a hell of a lot, and has underpowered brakes from the factory.

better use em as summer tires only.

follow this! lol. you will thank yourself later...not only will you save money on tires but your rims will stay looking good for a long time. i have my summer only tires on the 18's i just bought and my winter tires on my stock 5 spoke 16's

sig-1.jpg

WTF is confusing about my reply????

sig-1.jpg

I see stockers. improvement = fail.

better use em as summer tires only.

follow this! lol. you will thank yourself later...not only will you save money on tires but your rims will stay looking good for a long time. i have my summer only tires on the 18's i just bought and my winter tires on my stock 5 spoke 16's

I will only have them on in the summer.

sig-1.jpg

I see stockers. improvement = fail.

I posted that his new wheels are an improvement over his stockers??? ....not sure how my sig pic is even remotely relevant even in the slightest way to my comment about his new wheels...

yeah, and you;re in Cleveland, not sunny California. better use em as summer tires only.

Plus Cleveland roads are nothing but POTHOLES!!!!!

I drive slow even though my car can go.