Wheels for the Vert PIC INSIDE!!!!!!

thatcutteeboy

<----not a fan of the fake rivets, but they still should look good.....definitely an improvement over the stockers.....19s or 20s are the perfect size wheels for a 1G w-body imho....

sig-1.jpg

:thinking:

WTF is confusing about my reply????

I see stockers. improvement = fail.

I posted that his new wheels are an improvement over his stockers??? ....not sure how my sig pic is even remotely relevant even in the slightest way to my comment about his new wheels...

if they are such an improvement, where are yours??? :lol:

I would not want to daily drive them. if you are doing car shows, I'd roll em to the show and take em off when you get home. :lol: otherwise, keep em clean and wax them front and back constantly.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatcutteeboy

• xtremerevolution

• jeremy

• RobertISaar

yeah, and you;re in Cleveland, not sunny California. better use em as summer tires only.

Plus Cleveland roads are nothing but POTHOLES!!!!!

I drive slow even though my car can go.

You don't have to be speeding or going over the speed limit. A 55 mph zone and a 2 wide foot pothole will really test your sense of humor.

Not to go off topic :xtreme did you get your package

Yes I did. I greatly appreciate how well you packaged it. :high5:

It might be a bit of time till I try them out, but they all look to be in great condition cosmetically.

Not my cup-o-tea (can't stand W-Bodies rollin on chrome "dubs"), but the style of wheel I like. A nice clean 5-spoke is always a good thing! I would never go bigger than an 18" wheel, but that's my personal preference.

<----not a fan of the fake rivets, but they still should look good.....definitely an improvement over the stockers.....19s or 20s are the perfect size wheels for a 1G w-body imho....

sig-1.jpg

I posted that his new wheels are an improvement over his stockers??? ....not sure how my sig pic is even remotely relevant even in the slightest way to my comment about his new wheels...

again, not sure how it relates to my comments about the OP's new wheels, but my wheels are in my basement waiting for spring :rolleyes:

dad1b65d.jpg

.....anyone able to do a PS of the OP's wheels onto his car :thumb: ?

sig-1.jpg

again, not sure how it relates to my comments about the OP's new wheels, but my wheels are in my basement waiting for spring :rolleyes:

dad1b65d.jpg

wow Jeremy, Those look nice!!

and I wouldn't hesitate to daily a car on 20's.......been there done it, no problem.

sig-1.jpg

wow Jeremy, Those look nice!!

and I wouldn't hesitate to daily a car on 20's.......been there done it, no problem.

Haha i wouldn't either but this is cleveland we are talking about. Rods are shit year round lol

Yup, I can vouch for the shit roads.. Cant tell you how many cars come in with bent rims and low profile tires due to the shit roads and potholes..

The roads are the reason I have always thought twice aboot going bigger than my 17s I have for summer.

Yup' date=' I can vouch for the shit roads.. Cant tell you how many cars come in with bent rims and low profile tires due to the shit roads and potholes..

The roads are the reason I have always thought twice aboot going bigger than my 17s I have for summer.

[/quote']

I know there have been times where I've been able to breathe easy after going over a pothole with my 17's or with my old 15's. With my old 15's, I could go just about anywhere. Good peace of mind. I would freak out any time I'd have to drive in Chicago if I had anything larger.

Slightly off topic, IIRC Adam had Eagle 077's at one point and he mentioned that the handling and acceleration sucked due to the added weight. I can't imagine how much worse 20's will be if his 18x8's were that much worse than the stock 16x8's.

Kinda nice out so I thought I would post a few pics of the test fit of the wheels. What do yall think. Excuse the tires, they have to be replaced. I did a quick wash on the car so excuse the rockers it's too damn cold to do a full detail. I also got a new white top that I need to get done.

1265051606.jpg1265051605.jpg1265051603.jpg

From what I can see, they seem to stick out a bit too far, and obviously you'll need thicker tires.

I'll leave my opinion until I see them on the car with the proper size tire and see an angle from the side as Ken mentioned.

HOLY NO TIRE BATMAN!

i hate tires that look like an rubberband on the rim

The tires that are on now are completely flat there is no air in them whatsoever.

did you have to use spacers? how about a pic from a shallow angle, revealing how much they stick in or out?

No I didn't have to use spacers at all.

From what I can see, they seem to stick out a bit too far, and obviously you'll need thicker tires.

I'll leave my opinion until I see them on the car with the proper size tire and see an angle from the side as Ken mentioned.

Damn it. I should've taken a picture from that angle. They dont stick out that far though. They are not in the wheelwell like the factory five spokes, which is really what I like about them. I took them back off already. Maybe later I'll post more pics with the proper angles.

Damn it. I should've taken a picture from that angle. They dont stick out that far though. They are not in the wheelwell like the factory five spokes, which is really what I like about them. I took them back off already. Maybe later I'll post more pics with the proper angles.

My concern is them sticking out at all. Any fears of rubbing on the fenders when going overbumps?

My concern is them sticking out at all. Any fears of rubbing on the fenders when going overbumps?

The factory wheels are actually taller than these wheels are so I don't think there will be any issues with rubbing. There is plenty of space for tire travel against the fender.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

missed a few.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Thanks for your opinion. My car, My money, My liking. By the way you already had your mind made up from your previous post #7. PEACE.