TGP Headlights

Nyshadow

Well on my 1990 TGP the headlights look like crap, all yellow and nasty, so i went hunting for some new clearer ones and came across these. They looked better then the ones i have now and for $50 for the pair i figured I'd pick them up, when i opened the box i figured they would be plastic but they are glass. :mrgreen:

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

Both my '90's built in fall '89 have glass lights. I'm glad because I don't care for the plastic lights much at all unless they're in new or like-new condition...

it is possible you could have sanded all four of the plastic lenses and had them cleared if they are still good.

glass is better but won't you have to re clear the fogs to match anyway? seems like they get pitted real bad.

it is possible you could have sanded all four of the plastic lenses and had them cleared if they are still good.

glass is better but won't you have to re clear the fogs to match anyway? seems like they get pitted real bad.

I've Seen where people have sanded there head lights down and used a restorer on them, looks a lot better then what it did but still not as good as i would like, and for the fog lights yes, i will be replaceing those too. :biggrin:

not restorer.

actual urethane automotive clearcoat made by U-Tech.

refinish>restore

Oh Ok, i herd of somthing that restores them to almost new, i guess that is it. But i figured for $50 for a new set that wasn't fogged up that was the way to go. Going to slap a HID kit in and i'm good. :D

glass is the way to go for sure. but try sanding and clearing the fogs so they match.

I know there are products to buy for this specific purpose. but when I re clear coated my fogs I was blown away. they look better than new. I had all the headlight lenses out when I painted my car, but I set the fogs back in the grille right before the last coat of clear and did it with the rest of the car. cost me nothing basically and the rest is history.

if you plan it right you could get it done for free too maybe. get your old lenses done and sell them..