• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BXX

• Jonpro03

• 91LuminaEuro

• bodeen2007

Nice!:thumbsup: So you're running XP as the OS? And then a specific software that you're flipping through there in the video? Or did i miss something? I'm just curious as to what the software is all about!?

Im using XP indeed. THe software im running is called Centrafuse. Its the front end so to speak. I have it loading as the default shell so the moment XP boots up, it goes straight into Centrafuse instead of Windows explorer

Aha! Gotcha! Its quite impressive! Again, awesome job! Everything looks clean and very well done! Always liked stuff like this, it looks neat, and its useful!

Yeah, and with my new phone I can have internet anywhere!! Just need a wireless card for the computer so it can connect to my phone. Plus I will be using the carputer to run HP Tuners without having to mess around with a laptop and making sure its charged in and trying to position it so I can so it and on and on and on

Yeah that's definitely a bonus, not having to worry about having a laptop plugged in, laying on the seat, and all that fun stuff, or not having it all the time either!

That is Frickin SWEET!!!! How much did it cost for everything minus your time.. I Really like that.. I may want you to build me one like that.. Seriously.. Its awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks!!

In not sure of the total cost yet. I will have to tally up things.

I'll eventually get a SWRC infterface and an ELM323 interface too and I believe thats about aside from Bluetooth stuff for my phone.

I drove around for a bit rockin out today. Sounds decent with the stock rear speakers (need to get RCA splitters so I can get the front channels running) I need to play with the EQ settings and amp gain once I get the front channels rocking. The amp didnt bat an eye at the front 1ohm Bose speakers.

Also thinking about etching a design into the Plexi. Need to get a template though before I do that. I want to etch an Olds logo on it and of course it needs backlighting

Edited by BXX

Ugh, still having issues with it not finding the HDD every now and then. Im gonna go through the BIOS setting and disable auto turn on and just let the PSU control it. I think those 2 are conflicting or my HDD is just aboot junk.. It is an old laptop IDE drive so it doesnt suprise me.

If all else fails, ill go back to the 3.5" 30gb HDD I have that is setup already as well. Its what came with the computer after all.

Also thinking about etching a design into the Plexi. Need to get a template though before I do that. I want to etch an Olds logo on it and of course it needs backlighting

That's pretty sweet. I have been into case modding, overclocking (and more recently underclocking), and Oldsmobile's for a long time. I have seen some amazing etches although I too would need a template as my freehand art skills are almost nonexistant. I have also seen people get transparencies printed up with some sweet art this way you can play around with different designs and sizes without putting your plexi under the knife.

Definitely try swapping drives or changing to the secondary PATA connector. If it is the motherboard taking a dump, I did come across a socket 478 P4 motherboard with a pair of processors (2GHZ Celeron and 2.5 P4) for free. The heatsink was clogged and I gave them some random socket A board as a replacement. I haven't messed with it as I have a lot of socket A and 775 boards so I never played around with the 478. I can't even remember what brand computer they brought over but the motherboard is a cheap Imperial. Sound, LAN, built in video with no AGP. Even with AGP it's rather useless to me as people give me their old computers when I built them new ones. Provided I can test it out successfully and find the drivers I can part ways with it for a few dollars to cover shipping. I probably have another 512MB stick of PC2700 or PC3200 somewhere around here. I could hardly get in my room at one point I had so many computers given to me. I have 'appliance' computers built all over my house and I really can't find uses for these things anymore. I have given away quite a few lately but I don't miss any of them and wouldn't miss this either.

Given the very nature of hard drives being one of the few moving parts inside a computer it would be far from surprising to see that be the issue. I had bought a pair of 2.5" Seagate SATA 7200RPM drives with the intention of doing a RAID setup, however after seeing every other Seagate in my house die very prematurely, I really don't suggest that brand. Or running RAID for that matter. I see Samsung has 'RAID Class' and 'EcoGreen' drives for desktops. I wish they made those for laptops. I've been fairly impressed with all of their drives so far. I don't know what happened to Seagate's quality control but they certainly lost me as a customer. I don't really have much to say about the SSD drives except they would probably work pretty well in your situation.

I can't really tell by the picture, but is there anything dampening the hard drive from vehicle motion? If you do continue with a new platter style drive it would be a good investment of time to put something in there. Whether you put it in a bracket and mount it on a random spring or soft sponge laying around, or get crafty with some small bungee's, a little time in that department will pay for itself if going with a new spin drive.

Well small update, after fiddling with the BIOS, it seems my issue with it not seeing the OS/HDD is gone. Ill update this more later. Still gotta get everything tucked in and mounted down in the trunk