False Floor

Peco

I'm wanting to do a false floor for the Prix and was wondering if anyone had any tips, tricks or howtos on this. Never done one before but pretty handy with wood working tools so it should be to difficult. Also anyone have a pics that they could post up.

I'm guessing he didn't put this thread in car audio for the hell of it :lol:

Exactly, I have 3 10"s in a prebuilt box so the false floor would run from the front of the box (2-3' from the back of the back seat) to the end of the trunk (right behind the taillights). Set in the false floor I want to put 2 amps. I want the amps face to be flush or some what with the false floor so if I want to put something in the trunk the amps wouldn't get hit or be in the way.

I guess I should have be more specific in my first post, but being in the car audio section I figure people would know what I meant.

oh I know exactly what you mean. it works awesome when you have the amp mounted to a hinged door. only on the bottom side of the door.

it looks so clean in the trunk, then you take a key and unlock the floor and flip the panel and you can easily adjust the amp settings... lemme see if I got a pic.

oh I know exactly what you mean. it works awesome when you have the amp mounted to a hinged door. only on the bottom side of the door.

it looks so clean in the trunk, then you take a key and unlock the floor and flip the panel and you can easily adjust the amp settings...hols the lemme see if I got a pic.

I think you know what I mean. Here's a pic I found. Just something to hold the amps, and still have ample trunk space.
24_15_big.jpg

it looks so clean in the trunk, then you take a key and unlock the floor and flip the panel and you can easily adjust the amp settings...hols the lemme see if I got a pic.

I think you know what I mean. Here's a pic I found. Just something to hold the amps, and still have ample trunk space.
24_15_big.jpg

Sure is beautiful, but I question those amps' ability to cool down properly.

Amps can get extremely hot. Stereo amps are okay, but sub amps overheat a lot. Be very careful how you mount them and where or all of your work building a false floor will be a Waste.

If you do it make sure the amp has some sort of thermal protection mode to protect it from overheating. I had my MTX mono amp hidden and not well ventilated in my old bonneville, and never had a problem with it overheating or going into thermal protection. Some nice 12 volt fans would pull the heat away nicely though.

my cadence 1200 watt has a fan and my boston 4 channel does too.

I think its a pretty good option as long as its sturdy and will not cave. and no chance of a stray metal object falling and having a chance of crossing the power terminals... I have seen that happen before and a dog chain fried my friend's 2000 watt amp.

also water may leak into the trunk.