GREAT Low End, Top end is a little slow.

dkorinko

I am sure that some of this problem is due to the tranny problems that I am going through but i thought i would see if anyone had any quick tips i could use...My car will absolutely scream to 60 mph, but then from 60-100 its a little down, i mean i can still get on the Interstate doing over 80 but i can tell that the top end should be keeping up a little bit more with all this power down low i have, just wondering if there was any little tuning i could do to try and correct the problem???

Since you have the Jeff M. chip, I'll bet there's about a 95% chance you have his crossover too. A leaking crossover is often the cause of the lack of hard pulling power in the mid-upper rpm range. I think I know which car you own so its already highly modified but I'll just throw out there some things that could help. The heads may not be up to the high power task (even though ported), maybe some gen III's. Larger fuel injectors if you don't already have them. Bigger Turbo. Custom intake or Gen III intake has much better/larger ports than 3.1's to go along with the g-3 heads. You could possibly add an extra fuel injector in the plenum or even a single shot nitrous in the plenum too. All these things have been done by people on this forum. Rebuild that Tranny.

Yea the tranny needs to be fixed ASAP, and i am sure that will help, my buddy was thinking about hooking up like a 30 Shot of nitrous, I thought that would be about right, i dont wanna go to big and blow the shit up and i think 30 is enough to give me the top end i am looking for. You probably do know the car I have, Mike Gardner use to own it. And yes, I do have Jeff's crossover. :D I know that some people have moved up to 29 lb. injectors here....where can i get them??? And is there anything else i have to do besides just the injectors??? Thanks for the help!