Well plastic leaks

Galaxie500XL

Finally found the problem with my wet trunk in my '95 convertible....

The first problem is that Oldsmobile got cheap, and there is no drain for the plastic sheet, because Oldsmobile didn't install one. I've read on here a suggestion to add one, and tie it into the antenna drain: does anyone have an idea of what to get, and where to get it?

The bigger problem is that water is collecting in the well, and the sewn seam on the plastic sheet is leaking, allowing the passenger side of the trunk to be wet all the time. Any good suggestions on how to seal that seam without making a huge mess?

Thanks!

Daniel

olds did put a drain on select models but i think it was just at random cuz i have seen 95s with and without also 94s or older with and with out. more without then anything.

seems to me when the water fills up in the well it is cuz the seal on bottom of the rear glass curtain or the sides are not in good shape. personally i use clear RTV silicone but to each their own. the rtv worked great for me though.

before i resealed the curtain trim i used to just put towels in the well to soak up the water, immediately after it rained so it would'nt sit long