What do these Trouble Codes mean?! 22, 33, 35, 44, 45.

cutlasssupremeking

So, I am getting these Codes from my '91 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 3.1L V6: 22, 33, 35, 44, 45.

What do these mean?

Where can I get a list of what these OBD-I codes mean?

And most importantly, how do I get my car working again?

Here are my symptoms:

- car starts very rough and only if I hold down the gas pedal for 5+ seconds

- car runs at high RPMs, then low RPMs(as if it is going to die, and does die most of the time unless I keep pressing down on the gas pedal at least a little)

- performs great while accelerating, but wants to die when idling at a stop light or stop sign

- BONUS: sometimes my car dies while coasting(not accelerating) on the free way traveling at 30mph

Other Notes:

- I just replaced the EGR Valve and cleaned out the carbon deposits from the port

- I just replaced what I think is the Vacuum Hose

Thanks for your help,

Darryl

If you can get it to idle, tap the sensor firmly while it's running and see if it makes a difference. Also check for cracks in the housing, as well as the vacuum line fitting on the bottom of it.

44 AND 45? Lol, strange.

Hmm, you're right that doesn't make sense. Maybe I miss read the blinking Check Engine Light. Maybe I am supposed to only have read 45, not 44 and 45.

44 AND 45? Lol, strange.

Hmm, you're right that doesn't make sense. Maybe I miss read the blinking Check Engine Light. Maybe I am supposed to only have read 45, not 44 and 45.

No, you're probably right. It makes sense now.

So, I unplugged my MAP sensor and the car ran better. So, I replaced the MAP sensor. Engine still doesn't catch. It will turnover, but not catch.

But, this time around I noticed that the pistons were missing really bad, so I replaced the spark plug cables(I had replaced the spark plugs about 3 months ago). The engine no longer missed, but still didn't catch.

So far I have seen improvements in the car performance with the MAP sensor replacement and the Spark Plug Cables, but still hasn't run.

I decided to check the Throttle Sensor and Idle Valve. They were dirty, so I cleaned them and I cleaned the part that the Idle Valve went into. That Idle Valve was dirty. I see how that could have caused a problem. But, now that they are clean, the car still doesn't run.

What do you guys think? Should I replace the Idle Valve? Oh, also there was a lot of gas in the Throttle Body. When I pulled the duct off there was a splash of gas on my garage floor. It was kinda oily, too.

Please advise,

Darryl

PCM is the Powertrain Control Module, ECM is the Engine control Module, Basically the engine computer, Its on the passenger side below the fuse box... You will probably have to remove your coolant reservoir

PCM is the Powertrain Control Module, ECM is the Engine control Module, Basically the engine computer, Its on the passenger side below the fuse box... You will have to remove your coolant reservoir

It is underneath the reservoir.