Wheel lug nuts

94 olds vert

just because its "wrong" doesnt mean its wrong. :lol:

Um, yes, its very wrong and stupid..

I dont see why people just cant accept the facts and do shit proper :lol:

Just because it never happened to you, doesnt mean it hasnt happened to anybody else in our immense population.

Its like the one Yugo owner that claimed his car was reliable because it never broke down.

Im just givin yall the facts. If you wanna be ignorant and ignore them, fine. I tried to educate you

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BXX

• tornado_735

• 94 olds vert

• 5speedz34

I don't go to any techs.

Bare metal + road salt + moisture = corrosion = pain in the ass

I know what a book says, but this works in the real world.

I have had more wheels fall off my car with no anti seize than I have WITH anti seize

FWIW...

The wheel stud size of a Grand Prix (from what I found on google) is M12 x 1.5 The max torque for that size thread is 88 ft lb (no lube)

So you're ALL over tightening your lug nuts...

huge_smiley_with_tongue_out.gif

Jamie

I have had more wheels fall off my car with no anti seize than I have WITH anti seize

FWIW...

The wheel stud size of a Grand Prix (from what I found on google) is M12 x 1.5 The max torque for that size thread is 88 ft lb (no lube)

Jamie

Umm, no. Thats a generalization silly boy :lol: 100ftlb is spec.

I don't go to any techs.

I rotate my tires every 2 oil changes, I dont have an issue and I live in more salt area than you do..

Whatever, go ahead and be a fucktard and put antisieze on your nuts. Dont be crying when your wheel comes falling off one of these days.

Jaime, obviously your experience has NOTHING to do with the fact they didnt have antisieze on the studs. If you think the wheels came off because they had no antisieze on them, then I feel sorry for you.

FWIW...

Jamie

I don't go to any techs.

I rotate my tires every 2 oil changes, I dont have an issue and I live in more salt area than you do..

Whatever, go ahead and be a fucktard and put antisieze on your nuts. Dont be crying when your wheel comes falling off one of these days.

Jaime, obviously your experience has NOTHING to do with the fact they didnt have antisieze on the studs. If you think the wheels came off because they had no antisieze on them, then I feel sorry for you.

What, are you king of the lugnuts? I think we got the fucking idea.

Any in the REAL real world that has everyone in it and not just you, more wheels come flying off BECAUSE off antisieze, improper torquing, and the wheel and hub mating surfaces not being clean.

I cant believe yall are that serious that the 'book' is wrong and your method is correct.

You wouldnt torque your headbolts incorrectly, but a major safety factor such as wheel torquing isnt important and open to whatever theory you have for it. :rolleyes:

Quit trying to act like you know everything, seriously... the info I provided above is not just a generalization, it is based on the physical properties and specifications of the steel, something that may be out of the mind grasp of an automotive mechanic.

Im not the king of lugnuts. Im just obviously more intelligent and educated on the subject than others on here. I tried to relay info to others, thats all. :cool:

So, like myself, you have taken classes in bolt grading and metallurgy? I did not know that... I thought you were just an ASE

Jamie