Wheel lug nuts

94 olds vert

I only have 3 lug nuts on each side of my front wheels. So I am missing 4.

If that isn't bad enough, my front wheels do not have the silver plastic post on them.

Did they originally have them?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BXX

• tornado_735

• 94 olds vert

• 5speedz34

I only have 3 lug nuts on each side of my front wheels. So I am missing 4.

If that isn't bad enough, my front wheels do not have the silver plastic post on them.

Did they originally have them?

Are you missing the studs or just the lugnuts?

Its shocking, But I am missing all 10 front plastic studs along with 4 lug nuts. 2 on each side.

I'm not talking about the little plastic covers. Those don't really serve any purpose. Are you missing these:

Wheel%20Stud_3.jpg

Or these:

acorn_lug_nuts.jpg

Those can be had at any parts store for less than a dollar. Don't worry about those plastic cover thingies, those just get in the way. Well, I mean, they are I guess they are supposed to protect the lugs, but they are useless other than that.

Well that should resolved the clunking when braking and cornering!

"hey .. that looks just like one of my wheels ..trying to pass me!"

Scary...

Scary...

Scary.... yes, that's what we will call it....

I was missing one lug nut, just one.... then the other 4 studs sheered off while I was doing about 60mph

That, is scary

Jamie

Scary...

Scary.... yes, that's what we will call it....

I was missing one lug nut, just one.... then the other 4 studs sheered off while I was doing about 60mph

That, is scary

I lost one stud, my car was making funny noises on the highway so i pulled over and lost another while i was braking...on a 1500 mile trip with 3 passengers and all their shit

I lost one stud, my car was making funny noises on the highway so i pulled over and lost another while i was braking...on a 1500 mile trip with 3 passengers and all their shit

Good thing those can be changed fairly easily...

My buddy had one shear off I've been lucky though.

Here's some advice, get some nice aftermarket chrome lugs and pitch the factory ones with the stupid caps.

My buddy had one shear off I've been lucky though.

Here's some advice, get some nice aftermarket chrome lugs and pitch the factory ones with the stupid caps.

Chrome ones really spruce it up, but the ones I got from the auto store have some rust on them after 2 years. I dont exactly make it a point to clean up my car at any time though

I twisted two studs off (sound dirty :naughty:) when I did my brakes in May. Had to get the short replacement ones because I didn't want to take the whole hub off to replace them.

Also scary is the number of people running around out there on the road missing lugnuts. I see these cars at work and try to sell the customers the missing lugnuts, but they NEVER sell. It's not like I'm charging them to put them on, but no, their life and other motorists' apparently aren't worth the extra $5.

Also scary is the number of people running around out there on the road missing lugnuts. I see these cars at work and try to sell the customers the missing lugnuts, but they NEVER sell. It's not like I'm charging them to put them on, but no, their life and other motorists' apparently aren't worth the extra $5.

Duh, it's $5.

When I worked at Wal-Mart if a car came in missing a stud we weren't allowed to touch it.

Same goes with the tire place I worked at this summer, We were allowed to work on it only if we we replaced the stud, most of the time we replaced the stud free of charge

When I worked at Wal-Mart if a car came in missing a stud we weren't allowed to touch it.

Same goes with the tire place I worked at this summer, We were allowed to work on it only if we we replaced the stud, most of the time we replaced the stud free of charge

We never replaced them, we just had them sign a waiver saying we'll put tires on liability free. It's people like this that make me want to have safety inspections in Michigan.

i had them shear off my 89 and only one was holding the tire on by the time i stopped, happened while i was making a right turn. Not cool spent the rest of the day on the side of the street fixing it and had to replace the rim.