? on GM Top Engine Cleaner

Heza

It's Great stuff! Ok, in conjuction of the top end cleaner, many also clean the throttle body first.

You may want to do that first.

But back to the question at hand: the cleaner works wonders and will not ruin your injectors.

* If you locate you Master Cylinder Brake Booster hose, pull that while the car is running.

* Since you've opened a vacuum line the car will race / fumble with the idle.

* Use a smaller tube and place inside the sucking Brake Booster hose.

* Dip the other end of the small tube in the cleaner; DO NOT STICK THE BOOSTER HOSE in the cleaner.

* You will flood the intake and the car will not start for a long time.

* Let the engine slowly suck in the cleaner, letting it take the whole can.

* The longer it burns the better the results; total time of sucking should take around 5 - 10mins.

Depending on what year of car, you SES may come on; don't freak, it's reset-able.

If OBDI, you should be able to install correctly and it'll shut off.

If OBDII, pull the negative battery cable or ECM for 15+mins. Re-install, check for light.

If you have any problems, give us a hollar. It's really easy and you'll notice a slight power increase!

- Erik

thanks RedFox! im glad i could get atleast a little input on it. i heard of people using it, but hesitant on wrecking my injectors with it. i'm gonna do it this weekend and throw in new spark plugs right afterwards. i'll drop an update on what i noticed after running it through.

what cleaner would be recomended for that?

It's actually call Top-End Cleaner or Upper Intake Manifold cleaner / solvent.

You can grab an OEM can at the dealer or head to your local auto parts retailer.

- Erik

so i ran it through my motor yesterday. i covered up a lot of my cone filter leaving just a little space to get a little bit of air in...instead of a lot of air. ran through about 2/3 of the can and my motor died out. i let it sit for 20 minutes, and then fired it up...took a little work cuz it didn't want to idle above 200 rpms. gave it gas and let it get to it's own idle. then i ran the rest of the can and let my car sit for another 20 minutes. after that...i fired her up as before, and drove off. leaving a nasty tail of grossness all over the place. it all cleared up and i ran the motor through all RPMs and speeds :) raced some stupid Mitsubishi Galant because when i was testing my throttle sensitivity i guess he thought i wanted to play. and well...i whooped his ass. GM Top Engine Cleaner....me likey!