Ugh clunking, creaking cracking. front end noise

Addicted to eaton

Ok so for the past few months I noticed a loose feeling when putting my car down in 1st driving like 25 mph. It would make a clunk noise. Or if I had it in first driving 25 mph and gave it gas you could hear the clunk. Not it got where any time you stop go turn or break you could hear a creaking and popping.

So last night I changed the motor mount. And as it did make the car feel more tight and not so much getting rid of the noise. What should I check?

All I'm saying is cruising 25 mph and putting it in 1st puts a ton of strain on the transmission. There is a reason the whole car lurches forward and the engine spins at 3k at that speed/gear.

If you aren't doing it all the time then nevermind.

All I'm saying is cruising 25 mph and putting it in 1st puts a ton of strain on the transmission. There is a reason the whole car lurches forward and the engine spins at 3k at that speed/gear.

He's smart enough to not do that, he does better things with his time like neutral drops at 3000 rpm!!! :lol:

He's smart enough to not do that, he does better things with his time like neutral drops at 3000 rpm!!! :lol:

Brian, hate to break it to you. But i think i'm growing up. I can go a few days with out spinning tires now. and with out getting crazy crazy. lol

only did it 2 times. that i can think of.

You might also want to check the lower motor mount. That could also cause a clunking noise if it's bad.

So last night I changed the motor mount. And as it did make the car feel more tight and not so much getting rid of the noise. What should I check?

I got down and had a friend push the car back and forth. and Very easy seen my problem, as the subfram bolts were tight last time i checked them. they Were not tight enough.

You might also want to check the lower motor mount. That could also cause a clunking noise if it's bad.

I got down and had a friend push the car back and forth. and Very easy seen my problem, as the subfram bolts were tight last time i checked them. they Were not tight enough.

Helps if you read right? Turn the car on and find out if the engine moves a lot or makes any noticeable noise when you move it from either N to R or N to D.

How the hell where your subframe bolts loose? Have you unbolted the subframe recently?

at 258,000 miles i did power steering rack and pinion car is at 270,000 now. I only tightened them not torqued them.